Started by Slasher, Wed 03/10/2018 14:50:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

Radiant

Khris

Click'd

Chromium. Or Vivaldi.

Cassiebsg

I those are the only choices, then there is no choice... chrome wins... yet I don't like chrome. I prefer Firefox, though am looking at alternatives since FF isn't what it used to be. :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Cassiebsg +1

Chrome has the best developer tools, but it's Google and Google is the new Microsoft.

Click'd

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Wed 03/10/2018 18:12:07
I those are the only choices, then there is no choice... chrome wins... yet I don't like chrome. I prefer Firefox, though am looking at alternatives since FF isn't what it used to be. :~(
https://alternativeto.net/software/firefox/
Palemoon, perhaps. Or Waterfox.

Cassiebsg

Yeah, Gurok suggested Pallemoon... I've just been way too lazy to do anything about it yet. :-[
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Seriously? Edge or Chrome? That's like asking whether or not you should choose between a Nintendo DS and a Gizmondo.
In other words, you're asking whether or not you should choose between something that known to be good, and something that's known to be bad. Rather than asking to choose between two things that are both known to be good.
So your actual question should be "Firefox or Chrome".
And as for my answer to that question. Chrome.

Darth Mandarb

I find Edge to be a decently competent browser that sheds some of the IE woes of the past. Some.

That being said, as a UI/UX developer, there's still no comparison between Edge and Chrome.

Chrome is demonstrably better in just about every way (for my use case).

Having said that I really don't think, for non-developers, there's really much of a difference as far as user experience goes. M$ claims that Edge is faster than Chrome but I don't see any real difference. Google and M$ also both claim their respective browsers are safer (again I don't see any real difference here).

In the end I think preference for either comes down to which UI you like better.

Danvzare

Quote from: Darth Mandarb on Thu 04/10/2018 14:48:35
I find Edge to be a decently competent browser that sheds some of the IE woes of the past. Some.
All they did was change the name.
They didn't even bother to change the logo.
Not that I blame them though. The IE logo is a classic. :-D

Darth Mandarb

I did say some of the IE woes (laugh)

It is not just a name change though. It's a new browser that ditches M$'s legacy crap and finally adopted web-standards (mostly).

I actually like the subtle change to the IE logo to make the Edge logo. It's more streamlined and modern and syncs up nicely with M$'s direction in recent years.

If M$ would just ditch the Apple method of ridiculously overpricing their hardware they would dominate again. But this thread isn't about M$'s future :D

Click'd

Microsoft hardware? Are you talking about consoles?

Blondbraid

Personally, I've found Chrome to be the fastest and easiest to use.

Darth Mandarb

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Fri 05/10/2018 16:13:21Microsoft hardware? Are you talking about consoles?

No the Surface line of products (Surface Pro, Surface Book, Surface Studio, Surface Headphones).

Click'd

I only heard about the first. I guess I'm not the target audience for these things.

Gurok

I love how people act daft when people mention Microsoft or IE.

To really evaluate these browsers, you should look at the telemetry each one sends back and decide which destination URL you like better.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Danvzare

Quote from: ClickClickClick on Fri 05/10/2018 20:42:59
I only heard about the first. I guess I'm not the target audience for these things.
Ha ha, same here. (laugh)
And here I thought the only things Microsoft made these days was the Surface Pro, the Xbox, and the Windows operating system.

morganw

I upload my browser history and computer usage directly to 4chan.
This enables me to use any web browser, with the choice based solely on the merits of each.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk