Co-ordinates specified are out of range

Started by Vincent, Thu 04/10/2018 09:19:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

I will try to explain my problem. I have a screen gui (640x480) which show a map inside a button. if you push return you are able to zoom the map.
The zooming image it's actually the same picture but already zoomed with another program (photoshop). When you zoom the image there is a red pointer which show your position. If you use the key arrows you are able to move the zoomed map around (the red pointer which is another gui it stay always in position where you are). It's working all great so far, but now the problem is when I move the zoomed map around Ags quit the engine and it pop up this error: Co-ordinates specified are out of range. I have seen that this is a problem that should be removed from the engine but I am using Ags 3.4.1 rc3 which it still has this error, how do I can fix this exactly?

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Vincent on Thu 04/10/2018 09:19:21I have seen that this is a problem that should be removed from the engine but I am using Ags 3.4.1 rc3 which it still has this error, how do I can fix this exactly?

RC3 is "release candidate", which was before the final release. The error with "GUI out of room limits" was removed in 3.4.1 Patch 1, which is a hotfix after release. Try updating to the latest version: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56452.0

If error persist, could you double check what the exact error message is, because there is currently no such error in AGS as "Co-ordinates specified are out of range"?

PS. apparently there is another error reported when you increase GUI's size exceeding room size.

Vincent

Thanks a lot Crimson Wizard. Alright I will try to download this version and to open the game with this version and let you know as soon as I can.
I have saved the error message by making a screenshot and this is how the message error looks:

Khris

While it's convenient to be able to move a GUI outside the screen, you could also crop the image according to its current offset (create a DynamicSprite from the image slot, crop that, put it as GUI background graphic [no button required]).

Vincent

@Crimson Wizard: I have test the game with this version: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=56452.0 And the problem is disappeared finally! Thank you very much!

@Khris: Thank you very much for the suggestion, I will try to keep this in mind for future references!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk