9-verb template dialog problems[solved]

Started by Glenjamin, Sun 07/10/2018 00:19:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenjamin

Hey all.

Im using the 9-verb template for a game with lengthy dialogues.

This particular dialog has 10 possible decisions. The up and down arrows are present; However, the down arrow will not scroll past option 4.

Also, when using the down arrow, It only remains scrolled as long as the mouse is over the button. It resets back to option 1 when the mouse is moved.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Monsieur OUXX

you should post this direclty in the thread of the module. Then you'll get support from its creator, Abstauber. I might have a look too tonight if I have time (not guaranteed)

abstauber

I just tried this with a dialog of 12 topics. But I can't reproduce this issue.
What's the version of the template you're using?

Glenjamin

Completely forgot I should've mentioned I've resealed the gui through the dialog gui script

New variables:

x pos- 0
y pos- 386

Size:

width- 384
height-47

Up arrow:

x pos- 303
y pos- 1

Down arrow:

x pos- 303
y pos- 43

Everything else is default.

Template version seems to be 1.5.2

abstauber

So your game runs in 640x480?
Well, I'm going to setup a testgame in that resolution and try it with you coordinates.

Maybe also a screenshot of your dialog gui ingame might help. If it's super secret, you can also PM it to me ;)

abstauber

I just tried it in high res, but I still can't reproduce this error - everything works as expected, even when I use your exact coordinates.

Could it be that this.border_right is smaller than your arrow buttons? Maybe your button is being blocked by the dialog text. Also: does the mousewheel work to flip through the options?

Oh, and the dialog script version coming with the 9verb template 1.5.2 should be 1.1.

Glenjamin

Sorry for the late response.

QuoteCould it be that this.border_right is smaller than your arrow buttons?

You nailed it. I changed the border size and it worked like a charm. Next time I'll post this in the 9-verb thread if I can't find the problem first.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk