The grand Sept of Baelor (from game of thrones) :)

Started by KyriakosCH, Fri 12/10/2018 22:57:12

Previous topic - Next topic

KyriakosCH

Closer to being completed :)

I am modeling this with blender.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

ArsCreativa

Nice! It's for a game or for practice? Are you planning to add some detail textures for close-ups?

KyriakosCH

Monsieur OUXX

KyriakosCH, I guess that if you post here, it is because you'd like constructive feedback, so here goes :

You obviously don't have issues with modelling buildings. So you should focus on what comes after.

- I suggest you start using the practice of "painting" the models (I know it's possible in Blender) in order to add dirt in the right places. Usually at the bottom of the walls, and below windows and gutters. That's usualy what makes a building look like a building.
It doesn't have to be very accurate. Basically, just make the main corners dirty, like you would do if you were paiting a real-life model.
Spoiler

[close]

- I suggest you start working with your lighting straight away. You rarely show your models with a crude, strong lighting coming from above, but most of the time with a mild diffuse light, which makes them look like models. It would help us having a better idea with a proper sunlight.

KyriakosCH

Thanks :) though i havent yet moved to the texture-rendered phase with this model ;) atm i am adding some statues.

selmiak

looking good already. Another image host would be nice, it doesn't embed from BA for me.

KyriakosCH

Ty, i am on mobile so i can't post much...

The Sept, atm :)

Blondbraid

Wow, it looks great! Though the grain on the textures are a bit too large, it makes the building look like a small model and not a big stone structure.
Wgen you stand far away from a building, the individual surface cracks aren't very noticeable, but otherwise it's a great model.

KyriakosCH

I finished it a while ago, and actually even sold it once...

Durq

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Thu 21/03/2019 22:07:56

I finished it a while ago, and actually even sold it once...

To whom? And where is it for sale?

KyriakosCH

Someone from Itch (he contacted me privately...)
But it is also available to buy at Turbosquid:

https://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/1356166

Not sure if this is within forum rules (?) but obviously anyone interested can contact me. The price can be lower than the one at Turbosquid, and is again through paypal.  8-)

selmiak

hmmm, what a nice sept, are 2 twice the price or 1,5? ???

KyriakosCH

Quote from: selmiak on Fri 22/03/2019 22:30:47
hmmm, what a nice sept, are 2 twice the price or 1,5? ???

What do you mean?  :=
Buy one and you can consider having bought all the septs of baelor you need  :=

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk