SOLVED: Remove Border when using DisplayAt

Started by xev, Thu 18/10/2018 06:18:34

Previous topic - Next topic

xev

I am using DisplayAt to draw text to a black area of a room's background.  I will be using this method often so I need someone to teach me how to remove the border.  Prior posts on the forum were not able to help me.

Here is what is being displayed, the white text is fine but the border has to go.

Here are the settings for the TextWindowGUI.

Here is the code that is displaying the text.
Code: ags

function hLook_MouseMove()
{
DisplayAt (175,525,525, "Look");
}

I saw someone say, "assign a blank 1x1 pixel sprite to all border images" but I don't know how (or where) to do this.
Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Cassiebsg

Open the textgui, then click the spots where the bluecup is displayed and assign you empty sprite.

Alternatively, you can just go to the sprites manager, and replace the cup sprite with a blank sprite. You'll lose the bluecup sprite, so if you wish to use it in game just give it another number and then assign the empty sprite to that spot (number) where the "original cup" was.

Hope it helps
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

xev

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 18/10/2018 06:25:27
Open the textgui, then click the spots where the bluecup is displayed and assign you empty sprite.
Thank you so much, your suggestion was a very simple fix to my problem.  I assigned the GUI background sprite as a 20x20 transparent .png file and now everything looks great! ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk