Forge: Loom sequel (updated Dec 17th, 2013)

Started by Abisso, Fri 17/02/2012 21:48:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Abisso

I realize only now that there is a new post here. I apologize for that, though I'm not sure if you wrote this before or after getting in touch with me on our Forge boards.

For the benefit of potential other readers, anyway, I'll add one thing. Indeed I'm trying to create a (hopefully balanced) mixture of a unique, original game and a tribute. This is my mission, and though this sometimes seems to displease both hardcore fans and people who only care for originality, I still think it's the best approach to fangame-making.
I'm glad you took some time to reflect and especially that you ended up appreciating this conduct and its results.

As a little generic note on development, several reasons (including a certain need to keep distance from game-making itself) prevented me to work on Forge as much as I should have, in the last couple of months. I still managed to do a bit of promotion, and start both organizing the next tasks (translations included) and addressing the really few bugs found. But nothing decisive, I'm afraid. I believe a more steady pace will be very possible from March and on.

Thanks to all the people that supported the project, be it verbally, financially, or by offering any other form of support. You have my utmost gratitude.
Welcome back to the age of the great guilds.

Kitty Trouble

Just played the demo. I love the concepts here, I think the graphics and such are amazing. I can only hope the entire game would be the same quality, it's impressive. I do have just a bit of criticism in that I'm using a laptop touchpad, and yes I know you have a keyboard control, but just if you had the thing less sensitive to moving outside of your square. It's annoying trying to "bend" something only to have it cancelled one circle before completion. Maybe only if it actually touches another circle should it register instead of moving out of the box in general..not sure how it's setup.

ZapZap

Loved the first chapter. Even more, it made me want to play Loom, which amazed me. Keep up the good work!
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Ubel

I started playing the first chapter and I'm more impressed by this game than I ever hoped to be! It's amazingly well done! I actually feel like I'm in the Loom universe, which is a huge accomplishment! I salute you.

Damian

I have never heard of this… why not publicise it more or get funding to increase awareness?

selmiak

This thread is quite old, but since only a demo was released there never was a completed game's thread and there is not even a database entry. I had great fun replaying this incredible game made with AGS. If you have some time over the holidays left, play this gem! In case you are stuck... watch this longplay of Forge - chapter 1. It is almost 3h long, but still I want more! 8-) :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wegs-1tqvRY

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk