MAGS November "Scarecrows" (CLOSED)

Started by Stupot, Thu 01/11/2018 13:23:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Whatââ,¬â,,¢s your favourite game of MAGS November?

Scarecrow and his Quest to Find a Brain
0 (0%)
Black Friday
7 (46.7%)
Blooded Fields
5 (33.3%)
The Strawman Augment
1 (6.7%)
Strawman Bombing Disposal
1 (6.7%)
Sniper and Spotter Climbing a Tower
0 (0%)
The Wicked Witch of the West
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: Sun 23/12/2018 06:36:11

Slasher

So, any further progress anyone?

I'm here waiting for the game of the century to show itself ;)

Danvzare

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 14/11/2018 17:26:45

Unlike you, the rest of us move at normal speed. (laugh)
So you'll have to wait until closer to the end of the month to see what we've all been working on.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 14/11/2018 17:26:45

I'm about halfway, here's a bit from my entry:
Spoiler
[close]

Slasher

Scarecrow and his quest to find a brain.
Download Game

This says it all:

"Why are you looking so glum, Mr, Scarecrow?"
"I'm fed up! People don't take me seriously."
"They ignore me and think I'm just a stoopid, old scarecrow."
"I could while away the hours"
"Conferrin' with the flowers,"
"If I only had a brain."
"I don't think you're stupid, Mr. Scarecrow."
"Ah, you are just trying to be nice to me, Miss Dorothy."
"No. if I had a brain I could be a someone."
"Someone who is admired, respected."
"A poet or an artist, maybe?"

Meet familiar characters as you follow the yellow brick road.

Specs:
1280 X 720
32 Bit color
Direct3D 9 hardware acceleration

Download Game

Slasher

Some issues at the 'Press' found and fixed (nod)

ZapZap

I'm doing something with Handsfree, also about Oz, but we still don't have a good screenshot, it will be a one-room game, let's hope we finish it
"Loose ends have a way of strangling you"

Cassiebsg

I still have as much as last time I posted, so don't expect anything from me... unless inspiration hits and I speed through it.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

VampireWombat

I'd try giving some kind of inspiration or ideas or something, but my motivation and creativity kind of ran out on Wednesday. I've only poked at things a bit since then. But I did find someone reading some of the Oz books on Youtube, so I'm hoping listening to them while working on graphics will help...

Slasher

VampireWombat: That's why I only chose one media.....

VampireWombat

I've come to the realization that The Last Magic of Oz is too ambitious for this month. So instead I'm going to do a different story. I'm not sure the name yet, but it will have the Scarecrow, Scraps, Tik-Tok, and the Saw-Horse as the main characters and Jack Pumpkinhead in some capacity.

Durinde

I've been chipping away at something. I'm not sure I'll get it done in time for the end of the month since my current work schedule is a little weird.

I think like most other people my mind went immediately to a "living" Scarecrow wandering around a farm. I pulled a history channel and went "Aliens" for the reason why my guy is moving around.

I have the art for the rooms done, walking animation, as well I have a simple introductory cutscene. I need to wire up the puzzles at this point and create the inventory objects.

Danvzare

Quote from: Durinde on Thu 22/11/2018 04:32:58
I've been chipping away at something. I'm not sure I'll get it done in time for the end of the month since my current work schedule is a little weird.

I think like most other people my mind went immediately to a "living" Scarecrow wandering around a farm. I pulled a history channel and went "Aliens" for the reason why my guy is moving around.

I have the art for the rooms done, walking animation, as well I have a simple introductory cutscene. I need to wire up the puzzles at this point and create the inventory objects.
Go on, you can finish it in time! :-D

Slasher

I believe you can do it Durinde, if you make the best use of your time....

Keep truckin' (nod)

Slasher

Quote from: VampireWombat on Wed 21/11/2018 14:02:55
I've come to the realization that The Last Magic of Oz is too ambitious for this month. So instead I'm going to do a different story. I'm not sure the name yet, but it will have the Scarecrow, Scraps, Tik-Tok, and the Saw-Horse as the main characters and Jack Pumpkinhead in some capacity.
Why don't you do just take one section from one book and convert that into a game?

VampireWombat

Quote from: Slasher on Thu 22/11/2018 14:40:24

Why don't you do just take one section from one book and convert that into a game?
Several reasons really. One us that too many problems are fixed too quickly or by accident. I think it's better just to make my own story with my own selection of characters and locations from the books.

Slasher

Well, you've 6 days to get it done and wrapped up VampireWombat (nod)

Any more progress Durinde?

VampireWombat

Indeed. But luckily I already have most of the needed sprites already done or mostly done. And I'm going to use a made up location/ideas that didn't quite fit for the Last Magic of Oz. It's based on when you mentioned Time Management.

Durinde

Quote from: Slasher on Sat 24/11/2018 10:14:11
Well, you've 6 days to get it done and wrapped up VampireWombat (nod)

Any more progress Durinde?

Haven't done much with it since I've been busy at work. My "Weekends" are on Tuesdays and Wednesdays... so I'll be doing a hard sprint on it then.

Slasher

The end is neigh.....

Come on guys.. get yer 8 fingers and 2 thumbs out and work them to the bone.....(laugh)

It's not over until the fat lady sings (nod)

Blondbraid

My entry is playable from start to finish now, but I still have to add background music
and try and add a bit more interactivity and polish, but I think I'll finish within time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk