Hoping to get some feedback on our adventure game demo

Started by Guppy, Wed 21/11/2018 08:02:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Guppy

Hey!

I'm a developer working on a game called "The Puppet of Tersa" as a background painter.

Our team just released a demo and I was hoping to get feedback on our steam demo from the hardcore side of the adventure game community.

Steam Link

We really want honest feedback so feel free to give us your unfiltered opinions on anything in game and hopefully we'll be able to translate that into a better final product.

I'll check periodically to answer any questions you might have,

Many thanks in advance!

Khris

Hey,

I gave this a shot and noticed a few things:

Spoiler
- The room isn't darkened for me in any way at the start of the game. When I turn on the light, the lamp changes slightly, but the rest of the room is the same. Probably just a small bug? I get an idea of the darkened room during a bolt of lightning, and on my 2nd attempt the turned on lamp looked differently. All in all this seems like a graphics glitch. Playing on Win 7, GTX 970, windowed. (edit: tried it in fullscreen and this time no issues)
Edit 2: that was fast; windowed works correctly now

- The cursor changes over active areas, but not when I have an active inventory item. Not a huge deal, but I'd prefer some visual indication of what I'm looking at, like the name of the hotspot appearing somewhere

- After I picked up the ice skates, I couldn't pick up anything else heavy but I also didn't find any way of dropping the ice skates or returning them to the closet. I got the feeling of being stuck without any indication of how to get out of this, and had to fight the urge to quit the game and never touch it again... :-[
[close]

Other than that I really like it so far, the graphics and animation style perfectly fits the "slightly creepy children's book" vibe.

Guppy

Quote from: Khris on Wed 21/11/2018 13:18:22
Hey,

I gave this a shot and noticed a few things:

Spoiler
- The room isn't darkened for me in any way at the start of the game. When I turn on the light, the lamp changes slightly, but the rest of the room is the same. Probably just a small bug? I get an idea of the darkened room during a bolt of lightning, and on my 2nd attempt the turned on lamp looked differently. All in all this seems like a graphics glitch. Playing on Win 7, GTX 970, windowed. (edit: tried it in fullscreen and this time no issues)
Edit 2: that was fast; windowed works correctly now

- The cursor changes over active areas, but not when I have an active inventory item. Not a huge deal, but I'd prefer some visual indication of what I'm looking at, like the name of the hotspot appearing somewhere

- After I picked up the ice skates, I couldn't pick up anything else heavy but I also didn't find any way of dropping the ice skates or returning them to the closet. I got the feeling of being stuck without any indication of how to get out of this, and had to fight the urge to quit the game and never touch it again... :-[
[close]

Other than that I really like it so far, the graphics and animation style perfectly fits the "slightly creepy children's book" vibe.
Thank you so much for the feedback
A question, where you able to finish the demo by any chance?

Addressing you points
1: Yes, it was a bug that accidentally got patched in and I'm glad we where able to fix it in time for your play through.

2: I've posted this to our internal feedback board it's definitely a polish goal we might look into assuming we have time after we've ironed out the rest of the game.

3: Yes, we've definitely heard frustrations from multiple accounts on this very issue we wont be patching the demo as we're currently busy finishing the rest of Part 1 at the moment but it will hopefully be less frustrating in the final build.

Thank's again :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk