Issue Testing Game

Started by TGames, Thu 22/11/2018 04:27:56

Previous topic - Next topic

TGames

I have a problem that has just recently started occurring. Everytime I press the run button in the editor, it begins loading, then a warning comes up that says the game engine does not seem to have shut down properly, and then this error report occurs.

Error: The operation was canceled by the user
Version: AGS 3.4.1.15

System.Exception: The operation was canceled by the user ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The operation was canceled by the user
   at AGS.Editor.Tasks.RunEXEFile(String exeName, String parameter, Boolean raiseEventOnExit)
   at AGS.Editor.Tasks.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.InteractiveTasks.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at AGS.Editor.InteractiveTasks.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.CommandClick(String controlID)
   at AGS.Editor.ToolBarManager.ToolbarEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at AGS.Editor.ToolStripExtended.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

It won't let me send an error report because it says it is too long. I have tried closing out of the editor and opening it up again, and the problem still occurs. I have restarted my computer and sometimes this works, but then the problem comes back. I even uninstalled the editor and then reinstalled it and it worked, but then the problem once again came back.

Is there something wrong with my game files? What would the solution to the problem be?

Khris

Try pressing F7 instead, then run the game from the Compiled/Windows folder. I assume that works fine?
Next, try disabling your Antivirus, then try F5 again.

(It seems that something external to AGS is preventing the exe from running by killing it, and the error you get is the AGS editor's reaction to that.)

TGames

The problem isn't popping up right now, but if it happens again I'll try your solution. Thank you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk