Eddie's room and Sprites (updated)

Started by Zmir, Wed 23/04/2003 17:36:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Zmir

This is a room for a game im making and i need some honest C&C.
also some sprites
so please take a look and tell me what you think.

Edit:This is the new room after changes.

Thx in advance.

Rincewind

Not bad at all for a first room, but there are a basic perspective error here, I think. (I often fail on that point myself...)
The chair and the little table should be in align with the baseline behind it, which it isn't at the moment.
Those blue spots on the cupboard and the television(?) also looks a bit curious, but other than that it's a very good job! Love the skull. (Reference to Murray? ;D )  

Andail

No BMP:s, please.
Take it down and replace it with JPG or GIF or PNG or whatever.

Flippy_D

Actually, the spot where you go wrong isn't the television or the chair in my opinion.... it's just the purple rug is perfectly spherical, instead of at an angle like it should be.

Zmir

thx Rincewind. and yes there will be alot of refrences to MI in my game.
if i got you right you are saying that the couch and table need to be aligned with the wall in the back?
drat i always sucked at perspective in art class :(
if someone can draw a quick sketch of how it should look and e mail it to me i would appriciate it very much (but you dont have to...ill guess ill manage)
and the spots will be gone

Zmir

How do i take it down...i see no button for delete in there.meanwhile ill take the link down

Rincewind

Yes, something like that. If you could upload it again as a .jpg and post it, I could show you what I meant more exactly.

Zmir

okay its back up...sorry for all the missunderstanding with the bmp :)

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Not bad at all for a first room. :)

I too see some problems with the perspective. Other than that, looks pretty good.

Zmir

._. : can you be more specific about the perspective?
i suck at perspective stuff.
just cant do it right :(
i will change many things however
carpet will be changed.
couch and table will be aligned with the wall baseline at the back.
tv and cupbord shading will be redone.
and floor web like tiles will be aliminated as well.

stay tuned for an update :)
thx for all the help
i realy do appricate it

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Um yeah just call me OTG or OneThinkingGal.

Here I did a quick paintover of what I assume you have, which is a two point perspective with a guess at the vanishing points:

http://theloft.asp-world.co.uk/art/perspect.png

See how the top of the chair and the wall don't agree with the perspective lines? That's what you need to fix.

The rest isn't exactly concurring either, but its not as noticeable as that wall.

Rincewind

Yes, OTG has got what I was referring to there. Try and follow those guidelines and it'll look better. ;D

ThunderStorm

May I quickly say that I like this background a lot more than many of those correct-perspective-but-dull backgrounds coming up very often? It's not bad to know about the rules of perspective, but don't follow them too exactly. A little-off perspective can make a picture much more interesting.

Zmir

Thx ThunderStorm....and thx OTG and Rincewind for the help...i will correct a few things while trying to keep the distorted look of the room.
anyway i apreciate (what a big typo there) the help.

Zmir

Okay i have changed and added much to the room.
what do you think?
(this might not be the final version yet)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk