The Knobbly Crook (Complete Misadventure)

Started by Bavolis, Sun 09/12/2018 16:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Bavolis

A special thanks to the AGS community--you folks rekindled my drive to make indie games and were there to help me do it. I'm already thinking about my next AGS game. 

Download the Complete Knobbly Crook Game (Free!)

Description: Enter the surreal, disturbing, and ridiculous world of the Knobbly Crook in this old-school point and click adventure. O'Sirus the Snip is a simple paper farmer driven to epic adventure by a spooky face with a spookier voice. He will ultimately seek to become a Knobbcrookian royal guardâ€"a Guffaloon. Stories of their heroic battles against the fearsome Bogold empire echo throughout the Crook. Unfortunately, they're not currently recruiting simple paper farmers. He's going to have to use every dirty trick in his book to cheat his way to the top and that means YOU will need to understand the key elements of the Knobbly Crook - Rock, Paper, and Scissors. Creatures of stone crush the metallic Knobbcrookians. The Knobbcrookians herd and farm paper animals. Fearsome stone giants fear tiny paper animals.

Join O'Sirus as he's on trial for all the crimes the two of you have not yet committed. Retell his nonsensical story as his journey begins, finding himself a stowaway on a ship that is half horse, half boat, and half whale. Every moment that passes takes you further from your goal--the Knobbly Crook. It's up to you to torment the Drafthorse's unsuspecting crew in an attempt to alter their course. And then your real quest--to find a quest--begins on the shores of the Knobbly Crook.

The Knobbly Crook now contains the complete misadventure from start to finish.

Bavolis

Note: I tried to update the AGS game page for this one but it tells me I don't have permission when I submit. I see Bavolis in the permission list and I'm logged in, so I'm not sure where it's having issues.

jahnocli

Life is a puzzle, a quest and an adventure

Durq

Yay! Extremely generous that this fantastic adventure game is free. Are you going to put it on Steam too?

Bavolis

Quote from: Durq on Sun 09/12/2018 16:59:37
Are you going to put it on Steam too?

I am, but it's been a while since I submitted to Steam, so I need to see what changed. Ideally, I would overwrite Chapter I with the full game, but I'm not sure how much they'd like that. Ivestigating! :)

Bavolis

Quote from: TheFrighther on Sun 09/12/2018 17:58:31

My gosh, 2 giga?!? It's huge! 8-0

_

I was surprised to see it that large too. It's a 1024x768 high color game with a lot of big backgrounds and full voice for thousands of lines. Not sure if there's something I can do to reduce the size without losing quality.

arj0n

Quote from: Bavolis on Sun 09/12/2018 18:19:50
Not sure if there's something I can do to reduce the size without losing quality.
One easy option is having a separate Windows and Linux edition instead of having both of them in the same archive.

Bavolis

Quote from: arj0n on Sun 09/12/2018 19:33:44
One easy option is having a separate Windows and Linux edition instead of having both of them in the same archive.

Ahah! I see what I did now... I seem to have a duplicate of the data in there. That should cut the size by half! :) Updating!

selmiak

Finally it's out! Yay and congratulations on getting this out Bavolis! Downloading now :D

Bavolis

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 09/12/2018 20:53:32
Finally it's out! Yay and congratulations on getting this out Bavolis! Downloading now :D

Thanks! Have fun! :)

Blondbraid

Congratulations! The game looks awesome, I'll be checking it out!

CrashPL

Hey, congratulations on the release! Looking excellent, as it always had. Will be definitely checking this one out. :D

Bavolis

Mandle

Congratz on getting this massive project finished!!!

Downloading now! So excited!

cat

Congrats on the release! I liked the first episode, good thing you completed the game.

Putting on moderator hat: Please create a new database entry for the full game. Otherwise, the download stats, nominations, links from extern etc. would be messed up. Additionally, if you add a new entry, you will be able to participate in the AGS awards 2018 with the game.
To make it clear that the full game was released, you can edit the page of chapter 1 and add a note and link to the full game. I have no idea why you cannot update the entry yourself, it looks alright to me. However, I can update it for you, if you want.

Bavolis

Quote from: cat on Mon 10/12/2018 20:27:46Congrats on the release! I liked the first episode, good thing you completed the game. Putting on moderator hat: Please create a new database entry for the full game. Otherwise, the download stats, nominations, links from extern etc. would be messed up. Additionally, if you add a new entry, you will be able to participate in the AGS awards 2018 with the game. To make it clear that the full game was released, you can edit the page of chapter 1 and add a note and link to the full game. I have no idea why you cannot update the entry yourself, it looks alright to me. However, I can update it for you, if you want.

For some reason, my text replies show up as empty fields most of the time now. Strangely, I was able to post the thank you below, but any other reply I type will end up wiping out my text and saying I left the field empty. I've tried editing this reply several times because it just shows up as a quote and nothing else to me. Trying again today! :)

Looks like the problem above may be resolved! Cat - thanks for the advice. I added the game to the database and put a link on the Chapter I entry.

Wiggy

Congratulations!

A masterpiece of adventure gaming, and overcoming the daunting tasks involved. Beers are on me!

Bavolis

Bavolis

I'm currently prepping a patch for a bug, but I thought I'd warn you guys if you're playing the game yet. When you challenge Muz the Bind to a match of Rock, Paper, Scissors, make sure you save first. If he beats you, you're going to be stuck with no UI and your autosave is going to be useless. Whoops. The current work around is TO WIN. Muz takes this game very seriously.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk