new one hour games..

Started by wOoDz, Wed 23/04/2003 23:11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

hope i'm not out of order here but wot the hell, jump in with both feet and hope theres a bottom!
anyone interested in doing the one hour games again? as a newbie to all of this i think it'll be a big help and for the other new ppl :-\
if so sign your souls away here :P

game one
must include....

1/ something gothic
2/ a fluffy animal
3/ something that blows up..as in balloon, ball, hell use your imaginations!

nuff sed
woodz

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Erm... one hour games can only really be organised on IRC, since it takes about a day for everyone to pick up messages on this board.

wOoDz

i was just thinking of a way to set a target, its so easy to think up big ideas only to get bogged down by it all, when your starting out, and never get the job done, i kinda like the idea of this...a nwbie is gonna take longer than an hour anyway!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

This belongs in Gen Gen so I moved it. Good luck organizing things woOoDz.

As Arch said this is best done in IRC, but I think it could work off IRC too.

LGM

Wouldn't this belong in competitions in activities ???
You. Me. Denny's.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Read the rules sticky there, new comps are not to be started there.

Evil

i think it would work if people are honest about how long they took...

wOoDz

:-\ sorry about the confusion!

._. i wasn't sure where to post it, maybe a "if all else fails post it here.." forum?! sorry bad joke :-[
ho hum,ok its a 1 hour game in the loosest terms, say a week to do em? and go on peoples honesty lol.
i don't care really as long as ppl have fun doing it ;)
i don't do IRC or chat anymore anyway, it took far to much of my time for over a year :'(

OneThinkingGal and ._.

No worries woodz.  :)

You should look into MAGS if you're looking for a bunch of people to make games on a theme. That's something along the same lines. It runs all month long, but you can take from an hour to several weeks to do them. (This is kinda confusing, but basically, you just need to finish the game within the month.)

You can find it in the Comps and Activities forum.

wOoDz

your right about the confusing! but i do confused well ;)
if no one wants to play with me here, i'll go and play with the big boys n girls in MAGS!
thanks ._.

MillsJROSS

I think a good one hour game is a good idea. It is easier to see if people abide by the hour rule in irc, yes. However, usually everyone breaks the one hour rule anyway, so it's not like it matters. The goal is one hour, so try to stick with it, but if you feel you can't do it in an hour, then three hours is fine too. Give me a couple weeks and I'll join in a competition, but right now I'm swamped with work that I should be attending to now.

-MillsJROSS

wOoDz

great -MillsJROSS ;D thanks
i s'pose i better shutup now and do something!!

wOoDz

well i can't lie...it took slightly longer than 1 hour :-[ but hey i learnt some stuff! ;D its probs a bit naff but it is my first finished game!

so heres Booom a Lamb :-\
click here
woodz

i've put the game in the offical one hour games section now thanks ._. again!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Hm - you should post this in completed game announcements in the hour game thread.

You can find it here: http://www.agsforums.com/yabb/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=1851

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk