*UPDATE: DEMO RELEASED* Path of Crystal

Started by Archangel (aka SoupDragon), Thu 24/04/2003 02:39:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

The demo of Path of Crystal is now released! Check my post below for more info.

Path of Crystal

Leon Kaler. Just another bored, depressed office worker in Central London. But something exraordinary is about to happen, that could change forever the lives of him and of those he holds most dear...

FEATURES

-Hours of Gameplay
-Absorbing Plot
-Intriguing Puzzles
-High Quality MP3 Music

--------end blurb------------

Okay, so here I'm presenting Path of Crystal, a game being written almost entirely by me, except for the gui and other misc. scripting which has been kindly donated by eVOLVE. As for the plot, well I won't be revealing anything more until the demo is released, but trust me, it's going to be good. (I tested some of the ideas on a friend who is into sci-fi, and he commented that I should be commisioned to write ideas for sci-fi shows, so I kinda counted that as passing a test of sorts.)

Here are some numbers. Note that these refer to the DEMO, not the full game. The demo will be approx. 10-15 minutes long.

Completed Plot (demo): 100%
Completed Music (demo): 100%
Completed Scripting (demo): 100%
Completed Art (demo): 100%

So as you can see, the demo is about a month away, with the full game following maybe a year after that. That is, if people approve of the demo; if not, well then I'd have to see.

Stay tuned to this board for further information!

eVOLVE

I'm looking forward to this one, if only for the music :D (Can't say that's not a biased viewpoint, but you've done some awesome stuff for my game!)

Failing that, the plot does sound intreguing... Looking forward to seeing the response to this one, especially the demo.
James 'eVOLVE' Hamer-Morton

Neole

I like the clean artwork style and the main character. Cant wait!

Dave Gilbert

Looks very intruiging.  :)

eVOLVE

To be honest, I think it needs a lens flare somewhere!
James 'eVOLVE' Hamer-Morton

Lesn Flaer! w00t

p.s. anyone notice the lens flare in Pleurghburg?

Here it is, right on schedule: the demo of Path of Crystal. It represents what you might call the prologue of the game; I plan there to be three more chapters, each 2-3 times longer than this demo. I'm interested to hear what you have to say!

http://www.btinternet.com/~peter.rocker/PoCDemo.zip

Warning: the demo contains a 'realistic' amount of bad language... not that that'll bother anyone here ^_^

AGA

Whee. Nice demo, the cliffhanger (building hanger?) ending has made me wanna play the full game. Keep at it.

scotch

AGA

SilverHawke

Music is great.. very moody and defines the atmosphere.Graphics are done well. Still confused as to the plot of the game though. =P

Adamski

Excellent work Archy... the music is great, and the plot looks to be very promising. This is one to keep tabs on.

remixor

Nice, Archangel!  The game has a great feel to it, although as SilverHawke says the plot is rather unclear.  I assume you intended it to be that way for the purpose the demo, though.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Yeah, it's one of those obscure near-intellectual sci-fi ish plots that never get truly explained ^_^ Hopefully, anyway...

Shattered Sponge

Nice little teaser; the concept is interesting and the art is very nice indeed.  As I was saying on irc, the first puzzle is a tad odd, but as it was a prologue-type thing and thus very reliant on the puzzles following the plot to the letter, that was understandable; I'm sure when the full game gets into the flow of things it'll all go swimmingly, so I'm very much looking forward to it.

SLaMgRInDeR

Wow, now theres a great AGS game if i ever saw one, hurry up and make more! :P ;D :D
i dont think iv finnished it yet, but so far so brilliant! im guessing i have to make him read the rest of that thing about the buddhist (that bit pleased me, as im a buddhist, but no im not japanese im english) so that he'll jump off the roof and something will happen cos of the thing it said about defying gravity.
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Slamgrinder:

Spoiler
You don't get to read all the article, just click on the steps on the right hand side of the roof (once you've read what you can) and enjoy the ending sequence :)
[close]

SLaMgRInDeR

aha, thanx, now uv made me want it more! i was doing the right thing, exept i was right clicking. *floats and sqeeks in exitement*  :D but 2004 is a loong wait, *stops floating*
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Bluke4x4

That demo was pretty cool! Can't wait till 2004! Well, actually, guess, I'll still have to.  :-\

Daxie

Good game so far! Haven't even completed the first puzzle, but I must admit that music really captures the feeling and weight of Lady London itself.

So now I completed it. It was nice, but too bad that we have to wait to 2004 year before we get more :-[. Well, I think its still worth of waiting!

jason

Awesome game so far Archangel! I was excited when I first read about it, and this demo has further increased my excitement. I can't wait until you release the full version.

Out of curiousity, was PoC inspired by The Matrix in anyway ?

Jason

The matrix? o_O No, it was inspired by many things, but I doubt the Matrix played a role.

Dave Gilbert

Wow!  Excellent work, Archangel!  It looks real deep and atmospheric.  Your music and graphics capture the mood perfectly.

Looking forward to this one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk