New Character

Started by lsd_puppy, Thu 24/04/2003 22:19:50

Previous topic - Next topic

lsd_puppy

I'm making this character for a game I'm working on and I'm trying to make him look like a complete waster - chubby, rough and lazy.  I've got the body outlined and it should be in proportion but the hands need doing properly.  
I'm also going to make different clothes, here is he looking lovely in his underwear, but he's gonna have an old shirt/trousers combination as well.
I would like to know how to make him look messier.  I have him with beard and/or mullet, and with/without shading.

Thanks for any help.

Flippy_D

Not bad, but the arms resemble some parts of sushi...I would redraw them. Also, to make someone look chubby, concentrate on the stomach, at the minute he looks a bit athletic. Nice colours though, and good job on the anatomy (except the arms).

lsd_puppy

Just wondering: how would I go about adding chest hair to this lad?
ps thanks flippy

Xadhoom

For a slob, his shoulders are very wide...makes him look awfully buff. I suggest widening the hips squashing the shoulders, add some body hair and a five o' clock shadow. And put some stains on them underpants! :D
But it's a good start, keep him going. :)
.::XADHOOM::.

lsd_puppy

Sloped the shoulders a tad, that enough?
Made his belly look rounder, not sure about the chest hair and how the hell could I add a hunch? I tried without success.

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

His belly needs to be wider than his pects (man boobs)

lsd_puppy

stained pants, slightly better hands, arms adjusted, wider stomach.
hope you don't mind me posting as I do things

Xadhoom

Looks alot better. I still think the shoulders are a bit too wide, and he could use some body hair, but that's your decision of course. Love the beer-gut! :D
One method of doing body hair would be using a single pixel brush with a color only slightly darker than his skin, and just make tiny little lines on his arms, legs and chest. Just be carful not to make them too dark; can't have him looking all buff and stuff! Lol! :D
For a hunch, try just lowering his head and turning the arms a little inwards...it might look like crap, but it's worth a shot.
.::XADHOOM::.

lsd_puppy

Well, off to bed now, more work tomorrow - thanks for the help,  8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk