windows xp AGAIN!

Started by wOoDz, Fri 25/04/2003 20:10:45

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

Why when playing/testing games, is the screen pushed over to the left hand side, and the right edge is curved, the last inch of the left is off the screen, i've tryed different rezzies but only it only slightly improves things
the pc's using a 3D rage  pro graphics card, its set in win 98\ME compatibilty mode too, i've got a feeling the answers the card coz its a pain with some other games, it has all the updated drivers but i hope theres a easier answer! :-\
woodz

Pumaman

Try checking the "Use 85Hz" box in Setup, just in case that helps. Also, use your monitor controls to manually move the screen so it fits, you only need to do that once for each resolution you want to use.

Jimi

I have xp, it works fine for me.

wOoDz

thanks CJ, i'll give that a try...as soon as i can get the missus of that computer!!

woodz

wOoDz

its a bit embarassing really :-[ but the monitor was set wrong! in my defence this computer has bin such a pain in the ass, so "something simple" normally doesn't apply lol,
we have another puter, built from bits from scrap, with an old vga monitor (which ags editor  isn't really happy about) running win98 and it never crashes, never plays up, just boots up and does everything this xp one should do! >:(

thanks again CJ & jimi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk