AGS Radio

Started by Alex Lowes, Sat 26/04/2003 23:04:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Lowes

Well this try is in is still small but I want to know what do you think about it?:

How abou making a  10-20 minute show or only a news brodacst on an internet radio channel?once a week or two?

Wether you like it or not  ;D I am alleready taping a pilot for it.
any suggestions are wellcome.
you can also e-mail me:
lowesalex@hotmail.com

Alex Lowes

Or making an ogg or mp3 file redy for download
I prefere radio but not everyonr has the time I know ::)

scotch

Sounds a lot like the AGS shows.  Which there should be more of so yes, make it.

Alex Lowes

which shows are you talking about?

LGM

I'd broadcast an AGS station if I knew how to get Shoutcast to work.. Or there was a free one somewhere
You. Me. Denny's.

Nostradamus

That could be a great idea.
You can do a weekly show with news of new AGS versions & new AGS games, an interview with an AGS game maker and some personal corners by some of the AGS people.

I would like to contribute a part of the show if it takes off. maybe a personal corner if I find some good idea or maybe I can be the news guy.

remixor

And a "Newbie Corner" where someone who is relatively new to the AGS community introduces themselves and talks for a bit about their new game idea.

...ok, so I just want to be on the show.  Sue me.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Andail

*Andail sues Remixor

remixor

Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Trapezoid

AGSers span around too many different time zones for that sort of thing to be effective. I prefer downloadable MP3s.
On the other hand, live broadcasted shows can be lots of fun if the listeners can chat with the host and request songs and tell him to say stuff. :)

Nostradamus

I think downloadable MP3 would be the best format too

|Alky|

Well I'm (and have been for a month) working on an AGS Talk Show, in the style of David Letterman, Jay Leno and other American 'Late' Shows. As of now, I have no content (interviews, reviews or such like) done, but I've created the host characters' full animation set, a few other characters which aren't finished/finalised, had a great, atmospheric 'stage' created by The Ultimo, music by Raggit and torn content out of other games for sketches and cameos.
The main thread is at the back of the forum somewhere.  
What do you think...Is it worth continuing the TV thing?
Radio shows are easier to do, but I think making a show about the ags engine with the AGS engine is going to be interesting, if not entirely practical...
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

Raggit

Alkaline, don't quit the TV show!

I think that it is a good idea!

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Vel

I think it would be best to bradcast live and save the show as .ogg for download.

Alex Lowes

well I recorded the first show allready but I don't actually know how and were to put it to the web.
anyone?help?

lowesalex@hotmail.com

Eggie

Have a lookie at this:

They'll have anyone!  :P (For a small fee.)

LGM

Well, i figured out how to broadcast fer FREE!

I just need someone w/ broadband that would like to be a server!

Then we can do it!
You. Me. Denny's.

Evil

**shifty eyes** Well I could be the last person on the list. My pc is ok but me and my dad share internet over a server. If I take it up my dad will be muy pistido because he needs his for work...

Quickstrike

I've got broadband, but I share it with my family, too.  So, how long would it take, do I need to sacrifice any space, and what would it require?
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

LGM

www.shoutcast.com is what I use.. If you follow all the instructions, it's pretty easy.

I tried using my friend's Broadband.. But I couldn't connect to it.

So, I dunno.
You. Me. Denny's.

Synthetique

why dont you broadcast it AND record it to mp3?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk