what's your nickname?

Started by 12431, Sun 27/04/2003 17:28:33

Previous topic - Next topic

what's your nickname, and why did you pick it?

I chose 12431, simply because noone else would call themselves that.

In norway I call myself "liteklem". only norwegians would understand it.
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Layabout

I am Ryano. which comes from my name RYan with an o added in for good measure...
I am Jean-Pierre.

Jimi

Jimi Hendrix is my hero. I used to be called Hendrix

that song woodoochild rules!
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Darth Mandarb

DARTH - Well I think if you've  been hiding under a rock for the last 27 years or so you won't know what that's in reference to.

MANDARB - Is a name from Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time series of books.  It's a word from the old tongue which translates to 'Blade'

I started reading WoT back in 1991 and have used the nickname Mandarb ever since.  Then, when signing up for theforce.net's message boards I figured I should go with something Star Warsie ... so I added the Darth.  Then, when signing up here, I figured I'd stick with the same name.  Just 'cause I'm used to using it.

dm

Barcik

Die hard fan of FC Barcelona here.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Creed Malay

Online - Creed Malay, because it's all mysterious and edgy, and makes me sound like some kind of hard lovin' crime fighter, or just plain Davy, because it's my name.

Realworld - Davy or Steds, Steds being one of those shortened-surname-things.
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Sylpher

My bands name is 12023 and your name is pretty close. Had you have chosen 12023 for your name I would have freaked out and eaten someone.

Eggie

Egg head Cheesy Bird _ Because it's what popped into my head  when I first saw a virtual pet thingie.

Eggie_Because some people on IRC were complaining that my nickname was too long :P

m0ds

Outside world, known as mods. Online, uses a zero instead of an o. Thus creating m0ds.

A fat bastard up my street used to call me Marky Mods, hence, m0ds.

m0ds

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Well, I used to be a Counterstriker. And Archangel is a nice, powerful, awe-inspiring, cliché name.

Did I mention angels ro><or?

Evil

Warning: A bad story is comming on!
My greatgrandfather was named Harry. My mom wouldnt call me Harry, she refused to name me Harry. My father helped decied on the name Harrison which actually means Son of Harry. So when I was in I think the 3rd grade my friends called me Harry, now my mom does. Yes a bad story... well here is my list.

Harry
Harrybud (dad's nickname for me)
Harry Balls
Harry Penis
Holly's better half(Holly is my girlfriend)
Evil
And finially Scary

OH! ANOTHER STORY!!! A girl I know calls me scary which she thinks is funny. But what is even funnier is that her name is already funny. Her name is Sala! Heh, Sala is one funny gal... I really need to tell better stories... Oh, about my sn... I am an evil child so hence the name Evil. And as for the numbers... They are single odd numbers, and the reason I didnt use 7 is because sometimes you can only have 8 letters on the sn and because 7 is a dumb number...

Butcher

My nick is BUTCHER because BUTCHER in Armenian means Toothpaste and I like to eat my dad's toothpaste. I used to have another nickname in the past CJ because my two favourite bands are Cult and Joy Division.

Wow this thread is so original it inspires me to create a new thread discussing everyone's 5 top adventure games...or maybe if soccer should be called football...
---------------------

AGA

www.agagames.com/index.html - read that.
People always refered to me as 'AGA' because no-one can spell aficionado, so I shortened it...

remixor

I sort of alternate randomly between "cremo" and "remixor"

Cremo is the first letter of my first name plus my last name.  Chris Remo = cremo.  For some reason people never have called me Chris, they've always called me Remo.  So then when friends noticed back in high school that my network login name turned out to be "Cremo" I guess they liked that even more.  Even my friends who didn't know my in high school somehow call me that too.

Remixor is sort of just taking "Remo", my last name, and semi-1337ing it.  One of my friends came up with it.  I refused to use numbers though, and just spelled it out, and now it's this cool semi-word that I use.  Also, I'm a musician so I guess he though "remix" somehow fit into it.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Andail

Every third time one of these threads comes up I tell the real story about my nickname, but for now:

I read it on the backside of a cereal package.

Nacho

My Nickname is Farlander because it was the name of a hero in the manual of the first edition of the superb game X-wing.

My friends had heroes before, one was Indy, one was Batman, and one was Spiderman... I decidd to be more original.

The problem is that Farlander is very similar to a spanish way to say cocaine (FARLA = cocaine, similar to FARLAnder...) and the people thinks I am an addict :-(

But I am a healthy cyclist boy...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Rincewind

Well, all of you familiar with The Discworld Games or the wonderful books by Terry Pratchett, will know where my nickname comes from.
But for the others, I'll just say it's the name of the worst wizard ever, who rather runs a way than casts a spell, and who can shout for mercy in 19 languages, and just shout in another 44. Only the fact that he has a beard and that he wears a dress makes him worthy of the title.

I usually use the nicknames "WickedWorld" or "Supertzar" though, after the Black Sabbath-songs, but I felt I wanted someting different this time, so Rincewind was.    

shitar

mitke shitke (you figure out what it means ::)) , I rest my case. 8)
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Ben

My name is an acronym. Try to guess what it stands for..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk