what's your nickname?

Started by 12431, Sun 27/04/2003 17:28:33

Previous topic - Next topic

what's your nickname, and why did you pick it?

I chose 12431, simply because noone else would call themselves that.

In norway I call myself "liteklem". only norwegians would understand it.
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Layabout

I am Ryano. which comes from my name RYan with an o added in for good measure...
I am Jean-Pierre.

Jimi

Jimi Hendrix is my hero. I used to be called Hendrix

that song woodoochild rules!
Albert Barillé and Hergé, we love you

Darth Mandarb

DARTH - Well I think if you've  been hiding under a rock for the last 27 years or so you won't know what that's in reference to.

MANDARB - Is a name from Robert Jordan's the Wheel of Time series of books.  It's a word from the old tongue which translates to 'Blade'

I started reading WoT back in 1991 and have used the nickname Mandarb ever since.  Then, when signing up for theforce.net's message boards I figured I should go with something Star Warsie ... so I added the Darth.  Then, when signing up here, I figured I'd stick with the same name.  Just 'cause I'm used to using it.

dm

Barcik

Die hard fan of FC Barcelona here.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Creed Malay

Online - Creed Malay, because it's all mysterious and edgy, and makes me sound like some kind of hard lovin' crime fighter, or just plain Davy, because it's my name.

Realworld - Davy or Steds, Steds being one of those shortened-surname-things.
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Sylpher

My bands name is 12023 and your name is pretty close. Had you have chosen 12023 for your name I would have freaked out and eaten someone.

Eggie

Egg head Cheesy Bird _ Because it's what popped into my head  when I first saw a virtual pet thingie.

Eggie_Because some people on IRC were complaining that my nickname was too long :P

m0ds

Outside world, known as mods. Online, uses a zero instead of an o. Thus creating m0ds.

A fat bastard up my street used to call me Marky Mods, hence, m0ds.

m0ds

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Well, I used to be a Counterstriker. And Archangel is a nice, powerful, awe-inspiring, cliché name.

Did I mention angels ro><or?

Evil

Warning: A bad story is comming on!
My greatgrandfather was named Harry. My mom wouldnt call me Harry, she refused to name me Harry. My father helped decied on the name Harrison which actually means Son of Harry. So when I was in I think the 3rd grade my friends called me Harry, now my mom does. Yes a bad story... well here is my list.

Harry
Harrybud (dad's nickname for me)
Harry Balls
Harry Penis
Holly's better half(Holly is my girlfriend)
Evil
And finially Scary

OH! ANOTHER STORY!!! A girl I know calls me scary which she thinks is funny. But what is even funnier is that her name is already funny. Her name is Sala! Heh, Sala is one funny gal... I really need to tell better stories... Oh, about my sn... I am an evil child so hence the name Evil. And as for the numbers... They are single odd numbers, and the reason I didnt use 7 is because sometimes you can only have 8 letters on the sn and because 7 is a dumb number...

Butcher

My nick is BUTCHER because BUTCHER in Armenian means Toothpaste and I like to eat my dad's toothpaste. I used to have another nickname in the past CJ because my two favourite bands are Cult and Joy Division.

Wow this thread is so original it inspires me to create a new thread discussing everyone's 5 top adventure games...or maybe if soccer should be called football...
---------------------

AGA

www.agagames.com/index.html - read that.
People always refered to me as 'AGA' because no-one can spell aficionado, so I shortened it...

remixor

I sort of alternate randomly between "cremo" and "remixor"

Cremo is the first letter of my first name plus my last name.  Chris Remo = cremo.  For some reason people never have called me Chris, they've always called me Remo.  So then when friends noticed back in high school that my network login name turned out to be "Cremo" I guess they liked that even more.  Even my friends who didn't know my in high school somehow call me that too.

Remixor is sort of just taking "Remo", my last name, and semi-1337ing it.  One of my friends came up with it.  I refused to use numbers though, and just spelled it out, and now it's this cool semi-word that I use.  Also, I'm a musician so I guess he though "remix" somehow fit into it.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Andail

Every third time one of these threads comes up I tell the real story about my nickname, but for now:

I read it on the backside of a cereal package.

Nacho

My Nickname is Farlander because it was the name of a hero in the manual of the first edition of the superb game X-wing.

My friends had heroes before, one was Indy, one was Batman, and one was Spiderman... I decidd to be more original.

The problem is that Farlander is very similar to a spanish way to say cocaine (FARLA = cocaine, similar to FARLAnder...) and the people thinks I am an addict :-(

But I am a healthy cyclist boy...
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Rincewind

Well, all of you familiar with The Discworld Games or the wonderful books by Terry Pratchett, will know where my nickname comes from.
But for the others, I'll just say it's the name of the worst wizard ever, who rather runs a way than casts a spell, and who can shout for mercy in 19 languages, and just shout in another 44. Only the fact that he has a beard and that he wears a dress makes him worthy of the title.

I usually use the nicknames "WickedWorld" or "Supertzar" though, after the Black Sabbath-songs, but I felt I wanted someting different this time, so Rincewind was.    

shitar

mitke shitke (you figure out what it means ::)) , I rest my case. 8)
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Ben

My name is an acronym. Try to guess what it stands for..

evenwolf

I work for a guy named Stephen Wolf, and thought it would be cute in public if our names matched.  So he calls me cinnamon and I call him honey pie.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

TerranRich

This is my first time actually participating in one of these threads, so here goes...

When I was a young 'un and AOL was at version 3.0 (!!!), my dad signed up for it (back in 1996/7) and I had to choose a screen name. I originally thought of the Klingon word for human (tera'ngan), but beecause (1) it was taken or invalid, and (2) it was too geeky to live down, I decided to instead go with TerranRich. My name is Rich, and I'm a human, or a Terran in sci-fi terms. So there!

I use TerranRich everywhere, no matter what. It's become a part of me, I've become so used to the name. I've had it for over 6 years, so you can see why.

Matt Brown

this isn't even my nickname. I just like pandas. and my band is named PANDAmonium. My nickname is hamburgler (from where I tried to order a cheeseburger off the school intercom), and downtown (don't really know why. something from baseball or soccer or something)
word up

Renal Shutdown

Due to some incredible balls-up by someone working for the electoral roll in the uk, I am legally registered to vote under the name "Iqu".

Also, due to a horrendously bad mispronounciation of my name by a science teacher, my friends now know me as "Spleen" in real life.  Quite apt really, as I have a champion immune system.

Hugs
Iqu
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

auhsor

Well i was originally called josh on these forums, because of a lack of having a nickname. I havnt really had a nickname that i've liked so i decided to make one up when i was bored in physics.

I decided that auhsor was cool, and it sorta had a reason behind it. I'm not gonna tell anyone what it means, cos i'm gonna see how long it takes for someone to work it out...

evenwolf

ur, dinosaur?

Roshua backwards?
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

auhsor

close i guess... well its joshua backwords, with the j upsidown and mirrored sorta. It sounded better than auhsoj

Las Naranjas

I had some bad 'rhoids.

You work out the rest.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Quickstrike

I play "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" with my friends and they all had cool names, so I thought of "hitting quickly" using a shotgun.  Spell quick without a "C" (I changed it because everybody hated it) and strike.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

I stole mine from a song, but it's not a nickname...
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

n3tgraph

Heh, netgraph is actually a counterstrike code for showing fps n such

/netgraph 3      for example

I thought it was pretty neat and stole it >:)
I also use it because it is unique. Insert a leet h4x0rrr E - 3 in it and you ares set :)

Note,
the N3TGraph instead of Netgraph came out of a joke I had with m0ds ;)
I changed my name to N3TGraph, next time I joined mirc with Netgraph and everyone kept telling me N3TGraph was much cooler - so there ye go :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Femme Stab Mode >:D

SashaSatan - my old nickname. The Sasha bit is obvious and everybody likes Satan ( oh yes they do!)
Sasha -  I had that nickname for a very short time, since I'm alex and Alexandra -> Sandra -> Sasha
MonsterSasha - Sasha was too short and monster - I don't know where the hell that came from.
Evil Eyes - green are the eyes of witches... So are mine! (That's an old folk belief)
itkid - Well, I'm the one who runs www.itkid.com , I guess people just started to call me that.
Mop Top - real life nickname. Comes from the odd tendency of my hair to go where ever it likes and not staying in a bun or a plait or a ponytail. Also, it's immune to hair gel  >:(
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

jannar85

I call myself jannar85, because I've been called that since the first time I arrived at Planet Earth. 85 is the year I'm born. :)

My artist name (as in music) is Jah Nahr, which is a similar name of jannar ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Erica McLane

My REAL name is Erica so I wrote it.

plasticman

I chose plasticman because plasticsea-urchin was already taken.

and my artist name is Albert LeVert.

DGMacphee

Some bastard on hotmail already had DGMacpherson.

So I changed it to DGMacphee.

Meanwhile, my Mum, Dad, and girlfirend all call me 'D'.

It's like I don't have a proper name anymore.

It's like I've become J.Lo.

D.Mac.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

BOYD1981

Quote from: 12431 on Sun 27/04/2003 17:28:33
what's your nickname, and why did you pick it?

I chose 12431, simply because noone else would call themselves that.

In norway I call myself "liteklem". only norwegians would understand it.

doesn't that mean "diet milk" or something?
i like the norwegian word for "fart", but i can't remember what it is, "space" something...

anyway, i was originally called Chameleonâ,,¢ back when i first joined compuserve all those years ago, which came about because i kept changing my name and was kinda stupid and thought it was all mysterious and stuff, then for a little while i changed it to Overmann because i fell madly in love with Beneath A Steal Sky, but soon changed it back again...
then i started using IRC but somebody already had Chameleon so i shortened it to Cham, and because it looked kinda a weird i stuck CSi (to represent Compuserve Inc for some reason) and became known to the world as ChamCSi, then a few years later i changed isp and was known as ChamNTL, then a few years later again i got DSL so i was known as ChamDSL... somewhere between ChamNTL and ChamDSL i thought up the name BOYD while watching some movie (it's an acronym) then i shoved my birthyear on the end of it, i now use BOYD1981 pretty much everywhere except for when i use efnet, as people there still know me as ChamDSL and i don't want to be all awkward and make them get used to calling me something else as me and that nick have a long history, and that's my story, movie coming soon...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

DGMacphee

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 28/04/2003 13:59:12
Phee.
"Do you want to be called Homer Jr? The kids can call you Ho-Ju!"
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Timosity

I made mine up, nobody calls me Timosity in real life, just Tim.

but on the topic of hotmail, I got "timdo" cause timbo was taken (plus my last name is Doherty)

got it a long time ago when hotmail wasn't huge

but I never use it seeing as it is spam fucked, probably a longer email name gets less spam, but who knows

Esseb

I'm from Germany, Essen to be specific. Also I'm dyslexic.

[size=8]may be a lie[/size]

Spyros

Spyros is an anagram for pyrsos.
Pyrsos is a Greek word for Torch.
Also Spyros is my name

Evil

Quote from: Tìmôsít¥ on Mon 28/04/2003 16:04:20
I made mine up, nobody calls me Timosity in real life, just Tim.
but on the topic of hotmail, I got "timdo" cause timbo was taken (plus my last name is Doherty)
heh, i know someone named tim doherty...

Goldmund

My nickname is "Goldmund".

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

Quote from: Goldmund on Tue 29/04/2003 01:36:36
My nickname is "Goldmund".
Yes, but why? It makes no sense. Unless mund means mouth and the whole thing is anagolous to silvertongued in English. But, it that is the case it's just creepy, since no-one should call them selves something like that.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

n3tgraph

but goldmund just answered the thread question ;D
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Las Naranjas

It's Krepschtenkoist.

I don't want to go into it too much.

The "Ussian" occupation by R and Pr produced some strange shit though.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

c.leksutin

My nickname has always been C.  My last name is Leksutin (pronouced lex-soo-tin)...  

....anyone got a problem with that?

C.

Privateer Puddin'

Custard, from UK cartoon Dangermouse which featured Custard Mite Of Glutt

BOYD1981

heh, i have that episode on one of my Dangermouse DVDs

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Adamski

Dangermouse DVDs?!

* Dark Stalkey runs out to get one

Pumaman

* CJ echos DarkStalkey

Dangermouse on DVD?  \o/ \o/

w00t, it's only £5.99 per series too... http://www.playserver4.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2itle=91504

danny*

Danny is my pet name.Iordanis is the real one!
Wizkid is from the quiz show movie!

DodgeR

I always got called dodger at school mainly by some tit or the teachers(among other stuff :-)),  not anymore though so now i usually go by Dodge, or DodgeR dunno why i like it.

Robert Eric

I wanted my nickname to be my name and my first and middle names are Robert and Eric, and I didn't want my last name in it.  Hence, Robert Eric.
Ã, Ã, 

Squinky

I changed my name to squinky, because no one liked me as Kikme/Hosamov....

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

miguel

my real name. Im also very popular with girls
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Dmitri

The story of my seemingly innocent nickname is fraught with death/blood and pain (and bunnies surprisingly...).

long/pg rated story aside... I wrote a book, main dude's name was Dmitri, the name stuck...
Pretzels :B

Harvester

Yey! Great opportunity for me to post something on this board!
Anyway, during my long Internet career (almost 6 years) I've mostly used the nick Horror (because that is my favorite genre in movies, music and literature). Now I use nicknames Invisible_Man (on IRC) and Harvester (everywhere else). Invisible_Man is after that great Queen song and Harvester is the name of one of my favorite (adventure) games. There!
None shall pass!

Paranoid Factor

Trapezoid

I've said this before:

Trapezoid is a shape.
 ___
/____\

shitar

My name actully comes somehow from russian, Demitri, mitri, mitar. my father nicknamed me mitkeshitke, meaning... you can guess it.
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

scotch

Scotch is a variant of Scott, which is my surname.

Well I didnt come up with it ok..

Robert Eric

Before I came to the lovely land of the Alien Gin Sippers, my nickname was Golden Boy.  That was from Golden Eye when on some rare occasion, 006 would say "So, the golden boy is a traitor."  Then I used the nickname Somebody.  This was just random since I was stumped for ideas.  When I puchased a domain, I set up my email address as roberteric@new-evil.com.  After that, my nick became Robert Eric.

There were a few more, but they don't matter.
Ã, Ã, 

Ali

Does nobody have a nickname which is just a shortened version of their name? And what happened to just adding 'y' to the end of your surname? Nicknames these days...

Andail

Quote from: Ali on Fri 02/05/2003 10:32:07
Does nobody have a nickname which is just a shortened version of their name? And what happened to just adding 'y' to the end of your surname? Nicknames these days...

If I added Y to my real name it would be Pettery, which people would confuse with Petteri.
Additionally, it would suck as a nickname

n3tgraph

lol
what IS your name then?

Ali Baba? :P
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Pet Terry

Petteri is my first name and A is a first letter of my last name. I don't know why I put that there though... probably because I used this same nick on ezboards over a year ago.

And adding y to the end of name sounds pretty... stupid? :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Ali

Quote from: N3TGraph on Fri 02/05/2003 14:10:16

what IS your name then?

Your words hurt me. I'm going to go hide in my enchanted cave.

remixor

Quote from: Ali on Fri 02/05/2003 14:56:08
Quote from: N3TGraph on Fri 02/05/2003 14:10:16

what IS your name then?

Your words hurt me. I'm going to go hide in my enchanted cave.

Better hope you don't get caught by forty thieves!  Ha!  Ha!
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I think a lot...at least I think I think a lot. And ._. is my pet smiley.

* OneThinkingGal and ._. pets ._.

Evil

Harryy?

Ali

I'm starting to wish I'd never said that thing about putting "y" on the end of your surname. That's just how nicknames were done in my school.

Anyhow Harryy is a cool name.

And remixor, I needn't fear the 40 thieves, they work for me. They do my bidding.

Scummbuddy

Is mine close enough? *Scummbuddy* Whatever happened to everyone adding just a b to the end of their name.  When did that craze end.  Would you perfer me to add 'ate my balls' to the end?
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Ufke

I used to call people Ufke when they did something stupid. I decided to use it as my nickname on the internet 2 years ago, I don't know why.

n3tgraph

lol a short version of my name?

my name is Jan, make that shorter :P ;)

putting y behind my name - Jany (bah)

I actually don't use my front name so much on internet because then everyone thinks I'm a girly. Jany is a woman's name too - I'll stick with n3t :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Hobbes

Nickname's Hobbes from the ever-inspiring comic "Calvin and Hobbes".

Not that I have fur or a tail in real life.

PeaceMan

I call myself PeaceMan because I like 60's and 70' music. 8)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk