what's your nickname?

Started by 12431, Sun 27/04/2003 17:28:33

Previous topic - Next topic

evenwolf

I work for a guy named Stephen Wolf, and thought it would be cute in public if our names matched.  So he calls me cinnamon and I call him honey pie.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

TerranRich

This is my first time actually participating in one of these threads, so here goes...

When I was a young 'un and AOL was at version 3.0 (!!!), my dad signed up for it (back in 1996/7) and I had to choose a screen name. I originally thought of the Klingon word for human (tera'ngan), but beecause (1) it was taken or invalid, and (2) it was too geeky to live down, I decided to instead go with TerranRich. My name is Rich, and I'm a human, or a Terran in sci-fi terms. So there!

I use TerranRich everywhere, no matter what. It's become a part of me, I've become so used to the name. I've had it for over 6 years, so you can see why.

Matt Brown

this isn't even my nickname. I just like pandas. and my band is named PANDAmonium. My nickname is hamburgler (from where I tried to order a cheeseburger off the school intercom), and downtown (don't really know why. something from baseball or soccer or something)
word up

Renal Shutdown

Due to some incredible balls-up by someone working for the electoral roll in the uk, I am legally registered to vote under the name "Iqu".

Also, due to a horrendously bad mispronounciation of my name by a science teacher, my friends now know me as "Spleen" in real life.  Quite apt really, as I have a champion immune system.

Hugs
Iqu
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

auhsor

Well i was originally called josh on these forums, because of a lack of having a nickname. I havnt really had a nickname that i've liked so i decided to make one up when i was bored in physics.

I decided that auhsor was cool, and it sorta had a reason behind it. I'm not gonna tell anyone what it means, cos i'm gonna see how long it takes for someone to work it out...

evenwolf

ur, dinosaur?

Roshua backwards?
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

auhsor

close i guess... well its joshua backwords, with the j upsidown and mirrored sorta. It sounded better than auhsoj

Las Naranjas

I had some bad 'rhoids.

You work out the rest.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Quickstrike

I play "Medal of Honor: Allied Assault" with my friends and they all had cool names, so I thought of "hitting quickly" using a shotgun.  Spell quick without a "C" (I changed it because everybody hated it) and strike.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

I stole mine from a song, but it's not a nickname...
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

n3tgraph

Heh, netgraph is actually a counterstrike code for showing fps n such

/netgraph 3      for example

I thought it was pretty neat and stole it >:)
I also use it because it is unique. Insert a leet h4x0rrr E - 3 in it and you ares set :)

Note,
the N3TGraph instead of Netgraph came out of a joke I had with m0ds ;)
I changed my name to N3TGraph, next time I joined mirc with Netgraph and everyone kept telling me N3TGraph was much cooler - so there ye go :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Femme Stab Mode >:D

SashaSatan - my old nickname. The Sasha bit is obvious and everybody likes Satan ( oh yes they do!)
Sasha -  I had that nickname for a very short time, since I'm alex and Alexandra -> Sandra -> Sasha
MonsterSasha - Sasha was too short and monster - I don't know where the hell that came from.
Evil Eyes - green are the eyes of witches... So are mine! (That's an old folk belief)
itkid - Well, I'm the one who runs www.itkid.com , I guess people just started to call me that.
Mop Top - real life nickname. Comes from the odd tendency of my hair to go where ever it likes and not staying in a bun or a plait or a ponytail. Also, it's immune to hair gel  >:(
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

jannar85

I call myself jannar85, because I've been called that since the first time I arrived at Planet Earth. 85 is the year I'm born. :)

My artist name (as in music) is Jah Nahr, which is a similar name of jannar ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Erica McLane

My REAL name is Erica so I wrote it.

plasticman

I chose plasticman because plasticsea-urchin was already taken.

and my artist name is Albert LeVert.

DGMacphee

Some bastard on hotmail already had DGMacpherson.

So I changed it to DGMacphee.

Meanwhile, my Mum, Dad, and girlfirend all call me 'D'.

It's like I don't have a proper name anymore.

It's like I've become J.Lo.

D.Mac.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

BOYD1981

Quote from: 12431 on Sun 27/04/2003 17:28:33
what's your nickname, and why did you pick it?

I chose 12431, simply because noone else would call themselves that.

In norway I call myself "liteklem". only norwegians would understand it.

doesn't that mean "diet milk" or something?
i like the norwegian word for "fart", but i can't remember what it is, "space" something...

anyway, i was originally called ChameleonĂ¢,,¢ back when i first joined compuserve all those years ago, which came about because i kept changing my name and was kinda stupid and thought it was all mysterious and stuff, then for a little while i changed it to Overmann because i fell madly in love with Beneath A Steal Sky, but soon changed it back again...
then i started using IRC but somebody already had Chameleon so i shortened it to Cham, and because it looked kinda a weird i stuck CSi (to represent Compuserve Inc for some reason) and became known to the world as ChamCSi, then a few years later i changed isp and was known as ChamNTL, then a few years later again i got DSL so i was known as ChamDSL... somewhere between ChamNTL and ChamDSL i thought up the name BOYD while watching some movie (it's an acronym) then i shoved my birthyear on the end of it, i now use BOYD1981 pretty much everywhere except for when i use efnet, as people there still know me as ChamDSL and i don't want to be all awkward and make them get used to calling me something else as me and that nick have a long history, and that's my story, movie coming soon...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

DGMacphee

Quote from: m0ds on Mon 28/04/2003 13:59:12
Phee.
"Do you want to be called Homer Jr? The kids can call you Ho-Ju!"
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk