Help with character please ...

Started by RickJ, Mon 28/04/2003 01:07:42

Previous topic - Next topic

RickJ

Well art is definately not my strong point.  I obviously could use a lot of help in this department.  So here is my first character.  She was drawn with VISIO, a vector drawing program.  I plan on improving her with Photoshop.  Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Biography: Professora Tessora Primora
Professora Primora is a biologist who has recently completed work on her Ph.D.  She wrote a paper entitled "Microbes on Mars".  She is young and enthusatic about everything.  She has a great sense of humor; she'll laugh at just about anything.  She believe's there is life on Mars because she says she has been there and seen it.  She is either a brillant scientist or very crazy, or perhaps a little of both.

**edit
http://www.icehouse.net/rickj/ags/primora.gif

Xadhoom

Well, there's nothing wrong with the character as such; there are just some points for refining:
1. The colors are really wacky. I suggest another colorscheme, perhaps a little more down to earth...unless of course it's part of her character? What I see now does not read half-crazed scientist, but more new-age teenager on crack...
2. Her stance makes her look very hunched over, and she have no female forms whatsoever. Generally on women, their hips are wider than their shoulders.
3. Her eyes are very dead, seeming too look away into infinity. Perhaps make them look forward or to one side? And an expression to her mouth would be good too; perhaps a smirk?
4. Some shading will always do wonders, no matter what the subject is.

Hope this helps. :)
.::XADHOOM::.

Neole

I like her! Things that look amiss - nose, crotch, feet. The crotch is too pointed, maybe rounded or a little horizontal line, or lowered a bit. The nose is too grey and rounded. You should maybe use the eyebrow brown for the nose horizontal line and leave off any shading. Also make it less rounded I think. The feet shouldnt point so forward but a it to the side.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

RickJ

Thanks guys for your comments.  It's goin to take me a while but at least I have some ideas to try.  I'll get back here when I have something better to show.

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk