I'm a white middle class male, get me out of here!

Started by , Mon 28/04/2003 19:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert Eric

I'm a Network Administrator.  My brain seems to be the largest there though.
Ã, Ã, 

Dave Gilbert

I hear ya M0ds.  I work in an office as a production coordinator for a denim manufacturer that makes jeans for brands like Polo, Jordache and Mudd.  I handle the Mudd account - basically acting as a "liaison" between the factories in china and the Mudd office in the US.  It's a lot more complicated than I ever imagined, and more stressful than it should be.  If a shipment goes out late and 20,000 pairs of jeans don't get that cool zipper pull on time, I'm the guy everyone complains to.  Sometimes I have to put this in perspective and remind myself that the world won't end if this happens.  My job is challenging and I like the people there, but for once I'd like to do something important.

Although think of it this way.  If we had jobs that satisfied us artistically, would we have turned to AGS to fill that void?

c.leksutin

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 29/04/2003 00:45:37
Raking mud, eeek. LoL, think thats bad?

The other day I shovelled manure into wheel-barrows all day long.

m0ds

I live on a farm, I grew up shovelling manure,  I feel your pain.  I had to rake mud for a month because it rained for the entire month of june that year.  We actually got more rain that month then the whole previous year and I got to be out side in to every day.

C.

jannar85

I'm working as a student on a school...
* jannar85 hate
Looking farward to Mittens 2004 though ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

DodgeR

heh ive done some v crappy jobs, furniture removal + decorating.

at the moment im doing data entry work, one of the girls who sits next to me enthusiatically asked me what i though of the job.  My reply was 'Its Shite'.  Which was maybe a bit harsh as i think she doesnt actually mind it

I have had more jobs than i have had hot dinners in the last few years, and now i have been roped into writing and illustrating kids books by my brother in law.  I actually went and did some research at the library on my lunch break the other day and got a lot of funny looks from people as i stood there reading a variety of kids books.

Dave Gilbert

Quote from: DodgeR on Tue 29/04/2003 19:48:50
got a lot of funny looks from people as i stood there reading a variety of kids books.

Ha.  That's nothing.  Imagine sitting at a bookstore table  leafing through magazines like Seventeen and Tiger Beat and trying to retain your self-respect.  Since I'm in the junior gals apparal industry, I had to research what's going on with the kids today.

c.leksutin

Pumaman

I was a dish washer in a restaurant for two days. Worst job ever.

Hehe, I was a dish washer for about 6 months and I actually quite enjoyed it. I still to this day can't work out why I did ... must have been some secret desire in me to clean dishes.

Quote from: DaveGilbert on Tue 29/04/2003 19:58:48
Ha.  That's nothing.  Imagine sitting at a bookstore table  leafing through magazines like Seventeen and Tiger Beat and trying to retain your self-respect.  Since I'm in the junior gals apparal industry, I had to research what's going on with the kids today.

I can only echo courtland with my deepest condolences.

Evil

Quote from: DaveGilbert on Tue 29/04/2003 19:58:48Since I'm in the junior gals apparal industry, I had to research what's going on with the kids today.
Thats why Dave is here :)...

Squinky

I actaully had a short term job where I got to dress up in an ape suit to sell luggage....

thats been my favorite so far....

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Quote from: Yahtzee on Tue 29/04/2003 01:01:49
I referee at a paintball place, get shot always. I created a secret electrical plug in, so I always bring my computer out there and slack off. I'm typing this message from there right now.
Oh please, not another fake Yahtzee...
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Erwin_Br

I'm a system administrator at a college. I also work for their Public Relations department by designing things for our intranet and our website.

--Erwin

Eero

Quote from: jannar85 on Tue 29/04/2003 19:18:56
I'm working as a student on a school...
* Eero Ränik is suffering because of school too and he hates it...

|Alky|

My favourite job (and pretty much only job so far, since I'm still in school) has been at a local cable TV studio. I was in charge of doing some of the editing, both for live and taped shows, and doing lighting and sound occasionally..

The most demeaning one was at the same place...I had to press the record button on the vcr, and sit their watching as it taped some terrible show, like a lack-of-talent show for retarded 10 year old wannabe rappers. I had to check that some recording dial kept out of the red. I watched the damn thing for two hours, and it only happened like once.
Alex 'Alkaline' Cline

We're going back to the tick tock to get the boo-boo. Send for backup. - Baby's Day Out

LL Notorious B.I.G. Will C-H

at the moment i am working as a dinner "lady" at the catholic girls school round the corner from me. i actually really like it. today two of the girls recognised me from my old band i used to play in locally and bigged me up and i felt like a big man. result.
worst job ive ever done was hospital porter, which involved a lot of morgue work and a lot of seeing old mens penises by accident when walking round the wards.
Punk Quest 0.5 is now available for your perusal if you so wish http://punkquest.to-j.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk