Did you notice this before?

Started by n3tgraph, Mon 28/04/2003 19:25:34

Previous topic - Next topic

n3tgraph

Heh, I was playing mi 1 the other day, then I noticed this!

look at it
underneath the table
the grey blob

ladies and gentlemen - LEC forgot something ;D ;D ;D

Funny I never noticed it before
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Flippy_D

Adamski

Looks like it's shadow to me...

Edit: no, i lie... infact i'm not sure even what i'm looking for here :P

Trapezoid

Yeah, N3T's post is incomprehensible. Say it in English, not undescriptive, broken English!

Flippy_D

Left of the box, next to the left table leg, there's a grey pixel that the artist has missed.

Trapezoid

Flippy_D

I'm not the one who started the topic lol.
* Flippy_D lays the blame on n3t and runs

Jimi

I found a bug in Curse of Monkey Island. Is there a way to take screen shots in it? Then I can show you. The beta testers shoud have found this one!

Trapezoid

Scummbuddy

so what?  there can't be dirt inside of a dirty place like that?  its just gray....it could be anything
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

MrColossal

oh my god, that site is so silly

they list like 3 errors that are clearly parts of the game and they list tons of retarded story problems, like stan getting punched... it's a freaken game and a cartoon...

i guess when you devote an entire site to a series of games that have been out for a while you find any reason to post new news

which leads me to wonder why we need so many maniac mansion/dott and grim fandango and sam and max websites... one will suffice for each
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

Scummbuddy

I'd say two is a good start.  Competiton is good, but I do see the upside to having just one super site for each game full of information, but it is always good to have a 'back up' site.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Cactuar

Quote from: Flippy_D on Mon 28/04/2003 20:12:46
Left of the box, next to the left table leg, there's a grey pixel that the artist has missed.
OHNO I THINK I WILL STOP PLAYING MONKEY ISLAND NOW.

Gilbert

I think they did that since they held a contest at that time to search for the real secret of Monkey Island (tm) in the WHOLE game, but that got forgotten by all since no one won.

Congratulations Net, you won teh game eventually, and you just discovered the real secret of Monkey Island (tm) !1! *applause*

But no, you win nothing since the contest was over long ago.

n3tgraph

NO NO NO

I'm not talking about the red pixel above the stove!
It's the the large 1-color field under the table where the meat used to be. To the left of guybrush ::)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Gilbert

You meaned they forgot to shade that face properly?

Now that is a BIGGER secret of Monkey Island (tm)

scotch

Well.. that's a box.. obviously.

It's not really shaded like the rest though so it looks conspicuous.. you can see the other shaded side of it.  Isn't that obvious or am I being silly?

It is remarkably flat and square though.. does look rushed.

m0ds

OMFG!!!!! I was playing MI the other day and I noticed THIS!

follow the arrows
inside the circle

:P
m0ds

DGMacphee

Holy crap, mods!!!!

You're right -- I see it too!!!
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

m0ds

DGMacphee

I AERS EMAIL ROB GILBURRT AND TELL HIM TEH GOOD NEWS TAHT WE FOUND TEH SEKRIT OF MUNKEY ILAND!!1!

n3tgraph

I feel a slight form of sarcasm here  :-\
* N3TGraph airguitars!

DGMacphee

No way!

What makes you think we're being sarcastic?

In fact, I'll sign a sworn affidavit tomorrow to say I am in no way being sarcastic because I'm sooooooo honest and truthful!

Then I'll send it to Mods and he'll sign it too, because he's soooooo honest and truthful too!

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Squinky

Trapezoid

The meat was under the table? What bonked your head,  N3T....?

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph sighs

close thread
I am stupid
I can't spell english correctly
hang me
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Flippy_D

Much obliged.

Anyone got a good rope? Anyone?

Jimi

Anyway. The bug in CMI is the room in the island on blood island owned by the Goodsoup family. In the room with the dead body, when INSIDE the room, IN FRONT of the door, most of Guybrush cannot be seen because he's behind the door????!!!! WIERD!

Trumgottist

remixor

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 29/04/2003 11:52:06
OMFG!!!!! I was playing MI the other day and I noticed THIS!

follow the arrows
inside the circle

:P
m0ds

Why'd you draw teh circle with teh arrows pointing to nothign?????  ???
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

agsking

Remixor I cannot tell it you are being sarcastic or not...

rodekill

He doesn't see it.
Look closely, you can make out a face.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Squinky

Is it the face of god?

Or elvis?

Trapezoid

You mean... Guybrush's face?

remixor

Is this a trick, like teh "MAGIC EYE"??/?  ???
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Nacho

Dear N3tgraph... let me apology because I advised you to post the graphic error... I could not wonder that this hungry mob would hang you  :-[
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

m0ds

LoL, I understand your post fully now but at first I didn't. Don't worry about your English skills, I think we all got round to understanding what you meant in the end :) No-one is having a go at you, we're just teasing.

Farlander lol don't worry about it.

Anyway, I wonder what other mistakes have cropped up in commercial adventures graphic wise. I remember my copy of Grim Fandango being pretty awful in some places, Manny doing weird things.

AGA

I managed to play GF through about two or three times on my last PC, a 450MHz PIII. I tried to play it again recently-ish on my newer 2GHz machine and I got about halfway through and it crashed and ate my savegames :O

n3tgraph

Heh, Farlander....

nevermind them :P - our eye for detail is much larger then theirs ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Ghostmaker

Look i have a huge eye for detail, i just dont see what GF crashing on a 2GHz machine has to do with some fool missing out on a pixil, i say we drag AGA out into the street and shoot him, and the guy who missed the pixil, and the guy who didnt shade the grey box properly, and anybody that noticed all these mistakes.
So, this is AGS, i have seen more amature

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Jimi

Mistake??? What Mistake??? (phew!)

Ghostmaker

Not so fast Jimi. I say there is a mistake there and no amount of um's and ah's can get you out of it. We still have pleanty of munitions from the  war on iraq, i say we nuke lucas arts for missing that pixil, and for putting out so many crap games recently. I bet if we look real hard we will find a few more missing pixels.

Privateer Puddin'

how do you know thats not a nail on the floor board or something EH? EH?

Jimi

Or some "meat juice" (where am I getting this from???) from the meat when you pick it up. Because the grey pixel is only there when you pick it up. Anyway, you must be pretty sad to notice this!  :)

Ghostmaker

I havent heard of grey blood, and since its red meat you pick up... :o i think its about time we bit the bullet. They arent sad they are just lonely single men, over fourty.

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Ghostmaker

"you must be pretty sad to notice this"
The guys who started this post

Ghostmaker

"you must be pretty sad to notice this"
The guys who started this post

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Ghostmaker

Hey, im not judging you. It was jimmi who called you sad, go blame him, thats it, blame him, not me. I wouldn't call you sad :-X

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

bspeers11000

[rant mode]

No, actually, someone who posts 6 posts in short order just in order to insult someone, without even paying attention to what the post is about (it's not about one grey pixel, it's about the "huge grey slab" which doesn't fit in the background at all that's below the table), someone with that much spiteful energy, *that* is a sad person.  N3t's already been attacked for mentioning this detail.  Why jump on the bandwagon so late in the process with nothing new to add?

In my opinion, the huge grey slab is very incongrouous, but I don't care in the least.  It's a small detail.  The fact that it's not important is the very reason I haven't responded to this thread (okay, that and that I rarely post anyway).  But your pointless, ill-informed meanness brought me back.  Leave the guy alone.  This forum is all about anything AGS related, and if a guy is going to be berrated every-time he self-mockingly and somewhat light-heartedly points out something (he seemed quite aware the huge grey slab was not significant) neat, then there's no point in posting stuff at all.

[/rant mode off]

But anyway, I apologize for my own spite.  I just don't like to see people's egos get hacked to pieces over such small things.  

Have fun!

DGMacphee

* DGMacphee applauds bspeers

Quickstrike

Quote from: AGA on Wed 30/04/2003 18:03:29
I managed to play GF through about two or three times on my last PC, a 450MHz PIII. I tried to play it again recently-ish on my newer 2GHz machine and I got about halfway through and it crashed and ate my savegames :O

Download the patch, AGA.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

SSH

I thionk this whole thread is like the Emperor's new clothes or AutoStereograms... you all pretend that you can see something but actually, no-one knows what grey slab is supposed to be talked about. There's just a box under the table.

*sulk*

Jimi

Well, I wasn't calling you sad, I believe there was a little happy smiley next to when I said it, so that you would know I was sarcastic...ah well...

SLaMgRInDeR

N3T do you go round all lucasarts games examining evry pixel. or did something make you feel like you juast had to on MI1? :P
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

Jimi

SLaMgRInDeR

what you mean no pic?
(   (   ( <( -_-)> )   )   )

m0ds

LOL!

We're just having a bit of fun. :P

m0ds

Neole

Thats obviously an oversight by LucasArts. He's not talking about the pixel, people, but the big slab of flat color..

n3tgraph

ah thank you neole :)

Far and I said it probably would be the biggest 1 color-patch in the whole lucasarts history :)

Somehow I hope any of you will discover something like this so I can Diss you till death!!111  8)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Nacho

Monkey island is a very textured game...

So this is the biggest one-colour area in all the series! N3TGraph deserves teh AGS Award for the most smart one-colour area seeker in the community!
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

scotch

I was talking about the correct thing \o/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk