ISP problems?

Started by , Tue 29/04/2003 03:38:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Mezlo...

Hello and greetings,

I'm having a small problem with my connection and wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions. (I'm rather new to the internet) I tried to post to general discussion but because of the problem it's here. So here it is... either my settings are wrong or my ISP is screwed up. When I login I can see my name at the top... Mezlo.
When I go to a different forum I see Guest. If I hit the back button I'm told I need to refresh and retry to send the information to the site. Then I can see my name again. I can't edit my profile or post.... bummer.
I have had problems with other programs as well. In Tesla (file sharing network) my friends can get my list but not my files and in MSN messanger my friends see me as offline even when we are chatting.
I'm using IE v6 with a ISDN connection at work... 3 more computers are using the ISDN hookup box as it is the hub of our little network for sharing files.
Now for the fun part... I'm in Japan and the documents for the connection/hub are in Japaness...
I don't want to go to the ISP people untill I have a good idea of where the problem is....

Any thoughts?
Thankyou for any advise,

M.

Gilbert

Hmmm have you checked the setting of your browser and ensure that cookies, etc. settings were set up properly?

RickJ

Gilbot is right on!!   Make sure you have cookies enabled.  The fourm setsa couple of cookies with your login information.  Everytime yoiu click on something those cookies are checked to see if you are logged in.  Make sure cookies are enabled, delete all of your cookies, delete any cookie sites the browser has retained and then try again.

Mezlo...

I've already deleted the cookies ealier today and went so far as to allow AGS full access. This did not alter the problem in any way...

M.

c.leksutin

you know, I had this very same problem.  it went so far as to not allow me to check my email  or anything.  I eventually solved by switching to a different browser.

C.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

If you're using a firewall, make sure it isn't blocking the cookies. If your browser is okay, then that may be the problem.

Mezlo

Thankyou for your assistance everyone and thanks to c.leksutin.
I never would have thought switching browsers would help but as you can see I'm operational now.

And to Erica McLane I know I should not have posted in the beginners' forum but because I could not login it was the only place to post. Sorry about that. It will not happen again.

Thanks again,

M.

Erica McLane

Never mind. :)
I moved it due to the same reason - you was unregistred.

frenchy_117

May i say something? I had the same problem but all i did was change the little button on login so that i never log off and it worked too. :o :D ;D :o ::) :P
The game is good and i am ugly. dont ever expect the whole package. Thr road through life!!!

Evil

Wow that is a lot of smilies! What did you switch from Mezlo? Aol Often Lies?

Mezlo

Hmmm, I never thought of what you did Frenchy. I can rip a computer down and rebuild almost anything but the internet I really don't know.
And I am using Netscape v7 as my browser now... the company I work for doesn't use AOL or anything like that.  Thanks again everyone...
(I can't get over how friendly and helpful everyone is here at AGS! This place is amazing!)

M.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk