Gag comics to make you groan

Started by Eggie, Tue 29/04/2003 18:21:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Eggie

Yeah, I'm trying out new stuff with scanning and whatnot.

If you really feel you need to get it have a look around the Powerpuff.com messageboard

Somthing you should be able to relate too...

Any advice ares welcome.

EDIT:

So...does it look better with thick or thin outlines?

EDIT2:

W00T! BEZT F0NT EVARRRR!!!!!

x0z

Scummbuddy

I'd say go with the thin outlines and typed text.  Makes it much more comprehenable.  Nice.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Eggie

Okay. The age of the thin outlines has begun!

Neole

Ooh, funny ones! I like the variable width thick outlines on the first one best! Though the thin one looks pretty good too. I like the font on the first one better for looks, only it is not so legible. I have a good comic lettering font if you want.

P.S. I loves thems eyeez

Eggie

The font in the first one is from when I traced the picture in flash AFTER adding the text.  :P

Thankyou for your offer of a comic font, I was in need of one and now I don't have to find one myself on BlamBot. Yay!

I love the eyes too.  :)

Neole

I think these are the ones, normal bold and italics. Now you can letter like a pro!

http://www.2dadventure.com/stuff/digitalstrip.zip

Neole

Sorry, couldnt resist showing off these. Samples of my use of those fonts, a comic strip thingie I made a few of -

Eggie

I quite doubt anyone reading those will be looking at the lettering.  ;)

Thankies for the font. I shall get to my pro-lettering right way.  :)

Neole

Nice new one Eggie! More unwarranted suggestions on lettering -

- it would look better if you use different fonts for sounds effects than for the speech balloons (like the AARRRRGGHH)
- it looks much better to leave a uniform and fair amount of space around the words (between the words and speech balloon)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk