Take a look to this characer... I need to change the style

Started by Nacho, Tue 29/04/2003 19:44:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho

I have made this guy, he is a programmer imprisoned in somme kind of stasis cell...

http://www.2dadventure.com/ags/Prisoner.bmp

It is quite in a Day of the Tentacle style... I need it in a more classic style, could you help me? maybe more like Indy3 or Monkey Island.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Eggie

Quite frankly I don't know how your game can bear to part with that great sprite.

Can't you just change every other graphic i the game to match the style of that?  :P

Proskrito

For Indy or monkey island style, you should change the character's proportions to more realistic ones.
But i´m with eggie, the sprite looks damn good!! i love it!!

Neole

Thats pretty darned fabulous! To change to the MI style I think all you need to do is resize the arms and hands to make them smaller.

Ali

Lots of cartoons use rather flexible character appearances. Disney cartoons (for example) use almost realistically drawn romantic leads (Snow White) but stretchy, bouncy cartoon comedy characters (Dwarves). They work just fine together (in a kind of sickeningly cute way).

Couldn't you just tweak it a little so that it didn't look terrifically different from other MI style characters? It's really nice, and it'd be a pity to change it.

Igor

Man, you would be crazy to change it! It looks fantastic... actually, i find it more interesting than MI2/Indy style of characters.

remixor

I agree that it looks great as it is.  Of course if it's really important to the style you should tone it down a bit, but honestly it seems it would be something of a shame to mess with what you've got there.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk