Need Mucho Flash Help

Started by Pesty, Tue 29/04/2003 23:39:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Pesty

I didn't know which forum to put this in, but this one made the most sense so rah.

Anyway, I need a bit of help with Flash. What I would like to do is to make a button play a movie clip once when clicked and released. As far as I and everyone else I've asked, this isn't possible, but it must be because it'd be stupid if it wasn't. The best I could get is a button to play a movie clip over and over again if you hold down the button and that's probably really irritating to my game players, so any help (before next tuesday, which is when I need my game done) would be greatly appreciated and would earn a name in my credits, right next to Mr. Tom Jones himself!
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I'm a bit confused.

Did you want something like this

If so, then you can grab the .fla with the same name to get the source. You can fiddle with the visibility attribute if you don't want the pot movie clip to be visible to begin with.

Otherwise could you er, explain better what you're trying to do. :)

Oh yeah, click the button to see the clip playing. And excuse the crummy drawing :P Its just for illustrations sake.

Pesty at Schule

Quote from: OneThinkingGal and ._. on Wed 30/04/2003 00:27:10
I'm a bit confused.

Did you want something like this

If so, then you can grab the .fla with the same name to get the source. You can fiddle with the visibility attribute if you don't want the pot movie clip to be visible to begin with.

Otherwise could you er, explain better what you're trying to do. :)

Oh yeah, click the button to see the clip playing. And excuse the crummy drawing :P Its just for illustrations sake.

OneThinkingGal and ._.

I don't get it.  ??? ???

You just quoted what I said. Did that help or not?

Pesty

I wrote a reply but it didn't say anything! Darn it.  Anyway, I had said yes, that was basically what I need and that while I would upload my game to show what I mean, but it's sad and pathetic and embarrassingly bad, even though I got an A on it. And that I thank you very mucha.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Ah ok, it was driving me insane not knowing if the quote meant anything.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk