Artist at Work

Started by Neole, Wed 30/04/2003 06:52:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Neole

Render clouds then erase technique, one hour. It was tough doing wet skin and clothes, and the rain didnt turn out like I wanted.

AndersM

Nice work, she realy looks wet. ;) But that dress is about one feet to long...  :P

Laserschwert

Looks great, but what is she actually doing?

Flippy_D

Modern art and/or sculpting. It's an excuse for anything. Anything.

Neole

I see your point MrMasse!

Lasers, Flippy is exacty right. She's creating modern art, the excuse for anything (the same can be said of my art as well..)

I'll stick on my latest one here. She's supposed to be an assasin.

n3tgraph

whooo ghost in the shell :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Xadhoom

Beautiful pieces, man. You did very well with the "wet" look in the first pic.
One crit, though...in the second pic: When looking at the waterlevel, it seems a little odd that her hand and that (cripes!) weapon isn't submerged. If I'm reading the pic right the waterlevel should be around at her wrist.
.::XADHOOM::.

n3tgraph

how can an innocent face like that be an assasin  8)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

BOYD1981

hah, i thought ghost in the shell when i saw it too...
hey, has she just killed somebody? i can see a hand sticking up from the water...

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

Flippy_D

QuoteAssassin

So there.

Also, it's a well known fact most assassins like to kill naked. It's a form of free expression. It is also a sad face most of these assassins are men.

I think her elbow is bent back slightly, which is why the rather splendid dagger-thingy isn't underwater. My only crit is there is a mite too much muscle detail for my taste, bu go figure.

Jimi

Neole: The water is too high.  ;D

Flippy_D: MrMasse is right. Waaaaaaaay too long!

LGM

My God Neole, just draw full frontal nudity and get it over with..
You. Me. Denny's.

Fabiano

well, I like it, but there is something I noticed:
- The assassin body looks like a man. The face (nose), shoulder, arm looked like a man´s body.
- the buttcrack is very short.

the working artist is very good.

Yeah, yeah, It happens. A lot.

Scummbuddy

they say that an artist will put their attributes onto any person they draw, soooo if Neole is a man, then its normal, especially for semi-new artists...
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

golan trevize x

I think the only thing that's a bit manly is the musculature on the left arm. The tricep beginning below the shoulder is very powerful looking (like someone with a modern gym routine), out of proportion with the back. All of this is just an effect of the hashed shading. I agree that the line between the buttocks needs to be defined a little higher, but maybe she just doesn't work out her lower body!  :-\

I'm just getting blown away by the level of artistry being shown on these forums over the last couple of months. Especially recent work from Neole, Xadhoom, plasticman, trapezoid, laserschwert, erwin and scotch. It'd be great if a dream team could be combined to make an awesome serious title. (wishful thinking!!)

Nathan

Neole

N3T - innocent faces can seduce their kills better! Actually I was trying to decide wether to make it more evil, but it was a tough decision.

Xadhoom - you are right with the water thing. After finishing the body and arm I had a choice between drawing more of her bottom or less of her arm and blade, so I decided to pull a compromise and hope no one noticed! But you spotted it alright. Flippy the elbow would have had to be bent much more to allow it to stay out of water.

Boyd, yeah she's finished a 'job'. There's supposed to be blood on the blade.

Jimmy - I know. A tease works much better!

LGM - no fun in that..

Chik, Scummy, Golan - I always try and make the dangerous/adventurous women more muscular than normal women. An assassin would be working out regularly. I should have made the pelvis much wider.

And yeah the combined game idea would be wonderful! Dorcan and Ali are excellent artists and we are colloborating on the Creation God game project.

Eero

Very fascinating pieces of art... ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk