Previous topic - Next topic

DGMacphee

ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

MillsJROSS

I asked to revoke the IP's I gave, and told them it was a big misunderstanding, before they got kicked, and someone told me that I didn't have to worry about it. I wish I was there when they were kicked, though. But I'm glad to see that we can fight these nasty people taking over our page.

No matter how nice they were after the fact, they went in, messed with roger, and took over our #agsfun. They were hostile without provocation or reason. Ignored our pleading that roger was not the roger they thought it was, and was in fact a bot. Yes, once they understood they made a grave error, they were good enough to stay around and see if they could "help" CJ fix his bot (which might have entailed, gaining our trust, and attacking CJ somehow). I felt it was my duty to report them to the feds, before they finally listened to us, and understood what they did. They disobeyed the server rules, and were punished because of it. Justice has been done.

-MillsJROSS

Felipe

CJ, if you're around, they are waiting for you at #agsfun to... well, talk about L, what happened, etc ;)
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

Czar

They is now just one, but they dont seem too harmful, tho the L bot does op the guy every now and then... The guy deops himslef, so i dont think they are harmful anymmore...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Robert Eric

* Robert Eric denies that it was him, then looks around for support...but gets none
Ã, Ã, 

Gilbert

remixor

Some french people allegedly thought Roger was someone they knew.  Since they same him in our channel they came in and took it over (both #ags and #agsfun), and did something to Roger so that he experiences an EOF error every time he joins the channel.  Sylpher soon came in and got them out of #ags, but they remained in #agsfun for ages until they finally gave Felipe op status.  Roger is sitll messed up as far as I know.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Felipe

A group of french guys joined #ags and #agsfun looking for "Roger"... not our rog though, their Roger, someone who made a joke in their channel, and they wanted to play with him.
So, they started flooding #ags asking for Roger and were banned, then they took over #agsfun...
But, they are nice persons... believe me... to prove it, i'll post the logs here ;)

Ok, here we go, I'm editing the logs since they were full of extra-whoising, private messaging, sh*t talks, etc :P

THE DAY OF THE FRENCH INVASION
CHAPTER 1: GETTING THERE
MEANWHILE - AT #AGS
CHAPTER 2: NEGOTIATORS INCOMMING
MEANWHILE - AT #AGS
CHAPTER 3: EMPIRE STRIKES BACK0RS
MEANWHILE - AT #AGS

The end?
Well... no, but I'm too tired to edit and upload the others now (this was a looong day :-\ ) so...

Coming soon:
CHAPTER 4: THE RETURN OF THE FRENCHSSS
CHAPTER 5: PEACE TALKS
and... more? ???
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

BruisedWeasel

Here felipe! Print it, cut it out, staple some ribbons to it, and pin it to your shirt. Let everyone in whatever the hell town you live in know what the patrons of #ags think of you.

TerranRich

My favorite part:

Felipe|Busy sets mode: +o terranRICH

The first time I was opped and actually used my powers for good. :)

Czar

Lol at the logs
lol @ terran &melia ....
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Pumaman

hmm, what a moment of madness, I'm sorry I missed it all.

Ok, I've analysed Rog's logs, apparently it went like this:

1. French guys are pissed off at a 'Roger'
2. They whois our Roger, and because #agsfun is not a secret channel they went in there.
3. Roger's welcome message to agsfun mentions #ags, which is how they found out about it.
4. They then all spammed Roger via PMs at the same time, so that he got kicked by the server for flooding when he sent his replies to them.
5. He had such a huge backlog of "huh?" replies to send out that every time he managed to connect to the server again, it booted him off for flooding.
6. Eventually all this join-part annoyed everyone to the extent where they banned him
7. I have now reset Rog and all should be working again.

I am working on incoroprating measures to stop this happening again. I have removed "#ags" from Roger's welcome message to #agsfun so he won't reveal the channel's existance.

What I do want to know is how these guys managed to get L to op them. I thought the whole point of L was to protect our channels, not allow anyone to come along and op themselves.

Czar

L is for chanell takeovers, but Amlette said he head some technique..Nevermind that, i think that they could easly find out about ags by whoising roger...
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

Andail

<[FreakS]Amlette> et tu parle bien
<ZombieFelipe> merci
<Melia> Felipe, don't beg for mercy!

Carzy madness...
Now wasn't all this fun? Pretty exciting.

And I think what we all learnt from this is:

IL EST UN BOT!!!

I.E.B.

This sounds very noob, but how do I log in on irc?

Czar

Check another thread few lines down
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
are belong to you

edmundito

Quote from: CJ on Fri 02/05/2003 14:50:42
1. French guys are pissed off at a 'Roger'
2. They whois our Roger, and because #agsfun is not a secret channel they went in there.
3. Roger's welcome message to agsfun mentions #ags, which is how they found out about it.
4. They then all spammed Roger via PMs at the same time, so that he got kicked by the server for flooding when he sent his replies to them.
5. He had such a huge backlog of "huh?" replies to send out that every time he managed to connect to the server again, it booted him off for flooding.
6. Eventually all this join-part annoyed everyone to the extent where they banned him
7. I have now reset Rog and all should be working again.

???

It seems that the french have not discovered automaton users (bots) as of yet. How dumb! Are they an IRC gang too? (with the whole "[freaks]" thing) I can't believe they're such dorks. Plus, "[freaks]" reminds me of the kind of the name tha would be used for a gang in some cheesed up Japanese video game (ie Jet Set Radio Future :P)

I've found a new meaning for dumb, and it's freaks with the []s in between.
The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Scummbuddy

Reset Rog?    Does this mean that hes not a real boy?   I thought it was someone Chris chained to a computer to always be on IRC to answer our questions, send messages, and google whatever....  ;)
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Pumaman

Felipe

It seems that the french have not discovered automaton users (bots) as of yet. How dumb! Are they an IRC gang too? (with the whole "[freaks]" thing) I can't believe they're such dorks. Plus, "[freaks]" reminds me of the kind of the name tha would be used for a gang in some cheesed up Japanese video game (ie Jet Set Radio Future :P)

I've found a new meaning for dumb, and it's freaks with the []s in between.

No net, they are not an IRC gang... the [FreakS] is due to... guess it: A CS Clan! ;D
But they are good persons, I talked with them more than anyone else so I know what I'm saying... I'll post the rest of the logs there as soon as I edit them, because I know we can get a bad preconcept from those.
You might say: What are you talking about... they took over a channel!!
I know it, but we have to listen to the other side too, believe me, they didn't make it for bad ;)

-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk