ATTN CJ: Some IRC madness is afoot...

Started by TerranRich, Thu 01/05/2003 05:57:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail_friend

If these guys managed to bust Roger and overtake our channel, something I wouldn't know where to start if I were to do it, I'm pretty sure they actually didn't think he was a bot, nor did they think he was a friend of theirs.
They were probably just fucking with you, to be blunt.

remixor

Quote from: Andail_friend on Sat 03/05/2003 09:39:10
I'm pretty sure they actually didn't think he was a bot

This is a rather minor point, but I think you meant to say that they actually didn't think he wasn't a bot.

In any case, I'm somewhat inclined to agree with you.  Having witnessed the situation, it was rather odd that they never gave their "friend" the slightest chance to explain himself, or even asked why he continually logged on and off several times a minute for hours.  It seems to me that a reasonable person would perceive that it's rather odd for a real IRC user to exhibit that kind of behavior for ages on end.  But of course I can't be sure; Felipe is convinced of their character, and he is the one that ended up getting us through the incident, so I have to take that into account as well.  Who knows?
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

TerranRich

Remember that everytime ROger did log on then back off, one of them always yelled "Roger!!!!!!!! Roger!!!!!!!!"

Unless they were mentally retarded or just stupid, they probably did think our Rog was their Roger.

As to the point about knowing all that h4x0r stuff but not realizing he was a bot, remember also that stupid people, with enough basic knowledge, can do stupid things, and still remain stupid.

:P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk