My official goodbye...

Started by shitar, Fri 02/05/2003 03:36:42

Previous topic - Next topic

shitar

I have made a very difficult choice of leaving the AGS community. Not that anyone will care. There have been some personal problems going on in my life and family. And this isn't a good time for me and AGS. I'll probably be on IRC every now and then but its over. When the debate contest ends for me I'm packing up. I only regret that I was here for 2 years and didn't do anything to help the community, I really actually hurt it in a way. So for anyone I've ever been stupid towards (m0ds, LGM, p3ss1, and alot more) i'm sorry, so farewell AGS. You guys were all good friends.
MIRC: #ags #agsfun #hello #agsnude #agscake

Scummbuddy

Sorry to see you leave.  Come back when you can.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

shitar

I won't be coming back.

Evil

So sorry to hear that. Dont forget teh AGS! We will miss ya...  :(

Raggit

It's always sad to see board members leave. Especially when they've been here along time. But you've got to do what you've got to do.

Well we all hope you enjoyed the two years you spent here. Perhaps we'll see you again someday. Anyway good bye and good luck Mitar.  

--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Quickstrike

Goodbye, mitar.  We shall all miss you.  Just remember, you are still welcome here.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

m0ds

Goodbye! Don't come back until you've gone through puberty.

I mean that. Then you're welcome to return  ::)

m0ds

Andail

Good bye, you little Soviet Wannabe. You have mostly been a good sport, and it's good you'll finish the competition before leaving.

n3tgraph

too bad you're going

I wish the best to you
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Helm

I felt the need to go the extra mile to underline the fact that probably nobody really cares whether you're here or not, no matter if their courteous manners dictate that they say otherwise.
WINTERKILL

Andail

Quote from: Helm on Fri 02/05/2003 17:09:45
I felt the need to go the extra mile to underline the fact that probably nobody really cares whether you're here or not, no matter if their courteous manners dictate that they say otherwise.

...and although these courteous manners may be hypocritical, they sure make this social establishment of ours a bit more civil :)

Raggit

Now Helm with an attitude like that you won't be liked too much either!!! Let's all be nice and courteous!!! ;)

*puts dunce cap on Helm and tells him to put a tick-a-lock on his mouth and write "I will not be mean in teh f0rums" on the chalk board a hundred times*  

And m0ds!! Shame on you!1!1!! i ares g0ing to punish U!!11!

Seriously though, I'm sure there are people who enjoy having Mitar around. I don't really want to see him go but he has to take care of other more important things in his life.  So best of luck Mitar and come back someday and see us!
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

Adamski

I'm sure Helm and Mods have earned the right to be Helm and Mods and not feign sincerity.

Pumaman

Come on now Raggit, Helm has an established reputation here as the one who says what we're all thinking.

Jimi

Yup. See ya Mitar. I'm sure one day when you have no hair left, and you have your very own walking stick, you'll come across the forums and think "I'll just have a quick look." Then, you will be stuck in the forums forever! Bwahahahahaha.....oops, I've said too much...

wOoDz

i'm new so i can't really comment coz i don't know anyone but it was the nazi piccie deleting that did it, wasn't it?! personally don't object to the picture but AGA was right to take them out, this forum has people from all around the world, some countries and cultures have big issues with that subject.
sorry to hear your going, hope things get better at home, but if you are spitting your dummy coz someone had consideration for others.... i'll reserve judgment on that.
tc
woodz

Matt Brown

see ya mitar.

what happens if mitat advances in the debate comp? who takes his place?
word up

Eero

Sorry to see you leave (message which comes when you're so fool to click on those links in the end of spam mails and enter your e-mail to get your e-mail address out of those databases, and then the result is more spam... ;D)...

m0ds

Why should someone who tells lies, impersonates others on IRC and pulls half assed pranks that do nothing but pee everyone off deserve a warm exit?

Just be glad my post wasn't "Get f**ked and dont come back" like it very nearly was ;)

Amen to Helmism.

:P
m0ds

jannar85

Sorry to see you leave, but I wish you a good luck, and I hope you will return some beautiful day. :)

** edit ***
Why aren't you coming back?? You must! I command you to come back, k? ._.
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

wOoDz

*mental note.....
don't p*ss mOds, Helm, off*
DAMN thinking out loud again! :P

Raggit

Actually what I said was a 100% joke and not intended to be taken seriously.  Note the winky smilely in my post?
--- BARACK OBAMA '08 ---
www.barackobama.com

shitar

Well I lost the debate tournament. m0ds , you bastard, what do you find so funny about family death? Anyways bye.  

Helm

Who says we lost yet? CJ and Panda are the only ones that have voted this far.
WINTERKILL

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

I think he just conceded.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

Nacho

Well...  I am not an old member in this channel...  It has been easy to post this, because I admire M0ds art and Helm (are these guys who have problems with Mitar, arn´t they? Sorry if I misunderstood something...).

I also noticed in the channel that Mitar has famous forbeing politeless sometimes... That could sorry that guys whose are not very sad about the leaving of Mitar, but...

God´s shake! He´s a 12 years old guy... Imagine yourself trying to fit in a cummunity of people that you admire, and discover that it´s impossible because you haven´t matured enough to think as they do, Imagine yourself becoming enemy of the people you admired.

Then imagine that you finally present a project and the answer you get is so unfair as it was.

The add to this a death in the family.

I think we could give a second opportunity to these guys. I think that Helm and Mitar are collaborating well in a debate, well, good start! M0ds, you may felt offended with Mitar sometimes, but he´s young, we can help him to grow in the way we think it´s the correct...

Mitar, make a break, stay with your family in this difficult moments... But don´t say goodbye to us, say a So long! and come back as soon as the thinks gone better...

Sorry if I offend somebody with this.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Femme Stab Mode >:D

*adds one to the tally on the wall*
3 in four months. Where is this forum going? And there are some people who never said goodbye.... The ranks of Agsers steadily grow smaller.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

plasticman

Quote from: MonsterSasha on Sun 04/05/2003 12:46:01
*adds one to the tally on the wall*
3 in four months. Where is this forum going? And there are some people who never said goodbye.... The ranks of Agsers steadily grow smaller.

that's what they call natural selection.

Vel

Fare thee well! May the stars shine upon you!

m0ds

mitar, please explain where I mentioned family death? Yet another fine example of a false accusation.

Farlander (and others), the reason I, and I don't know about Helm, do not tolerate users like mitar is because when someone does something once and is warned not to do it again is imo unnacceptable.

I may just be being picky, but I can't stand people who impersonate me in IRC, or who later come back and pretend to be someone else completely different, lead the IRCers along and then think they've got the upper hand. Your recent "lacey" incident in IRC was in my eyes just unnaccetable, pointless etc.

He may well be 12 years old but if you haven't realised this is an AGS forum, not kindergarten. I think all the moderators can safely say we strive to keep these forums mature in most respects and that obvious lying, accusing etc is just not nice.

Therefore, I'm not sad to see mitar go. To be personally honest, I don't like kids, but I am not holding a grudge against them. I'm sure there are many 12 year olds out there who can act maturely. If their mum tells them not to do something, thet most likely don't do it again. On the internet, there is no mum, so we have no control over stopping it.

Leaving is probably the best option. AGS is for everyone, but that doesn't mean normal netiquete still can't be kept.

m0ds

Andail

I agree that Mitar did too many bad things that in the long run became unacceptable, and have run out of second chances even for a person in his age.
If we made a list of all weird things he did, everybody would agree. Mods has all the reasons in the world to hate the kid's guts.

On the other hand, I don't think the community would suffer very much from a polite good bye when somebody leaves it.

Of course, pretending to be all heartbroken is rather hypocritical as well.

I think this thread is ready to be locked soon, DG, DS or Leks.

Jimi

Now I REALLY wish there was a clapping smily. Go m0ds!

Trapezoid

Give him a break. I never found anything too juvenile about Mitar's posts. Especially after the whole Hosamov ordeal.
M0ds, if you don't like Mitar and don't wish to bid him a polite farewell, I think any other moderator would agree that you should never have posted in this thread at all.

Jimi

Don't worry, I won't go into the whole : "Who's hasomov" again!

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Trapezoid on Sun 04/05/2003 18:36:05
Give him a break. I never found anything too juvenile about Mitar's posts. Especially after the whole Hosamov ordeal.
M0ds, if you don't like Mitar and don't wish to bid him a polite farewell, I think any other moderator would agree that you should never have posted in this thread at all.

Why? Are only people who are for him staying allowed to post? Have you noticed m0ds saying similar things about other members? He has a reason for them, and as Andail said, its hypocritical to bid a 'polite' goodbye when you don't mean it.

This thread is just another oh-poor-me-make-me-feel-better-so-i'll-stay thread. I'm sick and tired of them. If you want to leave, just get out and stop making "pity party" posts.

Trapezoid

No, I just think it's not very polite, especially since Mitar is going through a family loss. Don't you think it's hypocritical for M0ds to rail on Mitar for acting inappropriately when it would be MUCH more appropriate for M0ds to either try to keep Mitar's departure peaceful, or say nothing at all?

Nacho

I think we are all correct in some way... M0ds thinks Mitar does not think that Mitar deserves another opportunity... I asked in the MIRC and many people agrees. Mitar was impolite and people advised him to change his behaviour... so M0ds is right saying that he won´t feel bad about Mitar´s leaving. I like that M0ds in the way he says what he thinks. I´ve spoken to him at Mirc and he explained the situation to me in a very friendly way. On the other hand, I agree with Trapezoid, if someone bothers you, simply ignore him. Notice that I know that M0ds was acting for the good of the community and notice also that i´ve never told anything about M0ds being impolite about a death in Mitar´s family.

Notice also that i´m quite new in these forum and I haven´t seen that faults of Mitar you mention... Don´t accuse me of hipocresy please.

For finishing, I just want to "applause" Andail´s forms in all this "conflict".
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Matt Brown

Just b/c Mitar is having some trouble doesn't mean he has to take it out on us. sorry Mitar for your loss, go in good health, but, I must agree with m0ds. Don't come back until you have matured a little. You might have more fun with other 12 years olds (if you are 12) in say, CS forums.
word up

Adamski

Alright, I think all that has needed to be said has been said. Does anyone have any objections to the thread being locked before bad things start to happen?

Trapezoid

Hmm... I just think this isn't a very graceful way of saying goodbye to him. He never said he wasn't going to come back soon. In all honesty, saying you won't miss him is just picking a fight and is more likely to drag him back to argue with you. But so far he's been mature enough NOT to. I just don't see a problem. Regardless of how he may act on IRC, Mitar's been around long enough to warrent a goodbye thread now that he's leaving. I'm sure if for some reason you had to leave, you'd want to make a final farewell. If you don't like Mitar, and you want to remove all chances of a graceful goodbye and drag this thread out, then by all means flip him off behind his back. Or...

Mitar, see you around. Best wishes. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Is that so hard? If you wish Mitar had better etiquette, then exhibit a little to him when it matters.

EDIT: Yeah, Dark. Lock the thread...

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Quote from: Trapezoid on Sun 04/05/2003 21:13:44
If you don't like Mitar, and you want to remove all chances of a graceful goodbye and drag this thread out, then by all means flip him off behind his back. Or...

Just one last thing, we don't flip people off behind thier backs around here, we tell it like it is to thier face. Which is what we're doing.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk