help with fighting

Started by Mr.Trant, Sat 03/05/2003 02:57:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Trant

i am makin a lvl that u stand in a certain place and a guy come at u, but u have to shoot him before he gets to a certain point, but i cant make it so it happens, please help!!! its like this...
                                                     >:(
Point the bad                               -|-  
guy has to get to                          ^
----------------->____________________________________________

Mr.Trant

like the only way i can is to make it automatically happen and thats gay,

its kinda like house of the dead, like how the zombies come at u but dont hurt u unless they get close, i want to make the same kinda thing happen!!!

Ishmael

Is there a way to test if a character is standing on an other char? I mean if there is, you could use it test if the bad guy is standing on the payers "area", a script would be run... To get the distance, would use a view of the same char with bigger frames... Chris?

The shooting.... using a if(GetGlobelInt(x)==1) in the on_key_press with the keycode of the shooting key... and when the shot may be shot, would GlobalInt x be set to 1, when the shot would not be possible (example no gun) he GlobalInt would be 0... does this make sense?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Pumaman

First of all, you've really got to be more specific - how have you tried to make it work so far? What commands and scripts have you used?

If the bad guy is just coming downwards, for instance, you can put a check in your room's Repeatedly Execute event like:

if (character[BADGUY].y > YYY) {
 // he got too close
}

where YYY is the Y co-ordinate that means he is too close and will kill the player.

Quotelike the only way i can is to make it automatically happen and thats gay

How is that 'gay'? In what way is being gay related to your question?

Scummbuddy

Does the bad guy come up to you and have sex with you if he gets past that line/point if you dont shoot him in time?

Other than that, please dont use 'gay' as a defamation term and if for some reason you are shooting homosexuals... I wouldnt play the game.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Jimi

yes. Using "gay" like that is just as bad as being sexist, or racist.

Mr.Trant

i meant that it would automatically happen as like theres no way to stop it, and thats mad beat.

Mr.Trant

tk, wut do u mean??? im not really followin u??? i have cursor 9 and 10 as the guns, so it dont really matter.

Ishmael

I mean that you could use a Global Int to set is the gun "useable" or not...

in the function on_mouse_click:
 if ((button==LEFT) && (GetCursorMode()==9) && (GetGlobalInt(10)==1)) { // In this exampe, GlobalInt 10 is used to set if the gun in cursormode 9 is "shootable"
   if (GetCharacterAt(mouse.x, mouse.y)==12) { // Badguy char number in this exampe is 12
     // Shooting code here. Will be executed if the badguy is under the mouse, and the gun can be shot
   }
 }
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk