Again with the mind over body...

Started by TerranRich, Wed 07/05/2003 15:38:19

Previous topic - Next topic

TerranRich

I was lying in bed last night after having an early nap and wasn't tired. So I decided to try having anohter out-of-body experience. I relaxed, took slow and steady breaths, and within 10-15 minutes i found myself in a deep sleep-like state of mind. From the exitement of the possibilities of it all, my heart was beating fast, so I tried a technique I had read in that book I bought awhile ago (the one that I used to try astral project/out-of-body experiences last time) and slowed down my heartbeat.

I did this by imaging my heatbeat in my mind and changing my imagination of it, which in turn actually slowed down my normal heart beat. The book's advice actually worked. Then, in a fit of curiousity, I tried something I'd always wondered about.

I stopped my own heart beat.

And it worked. My heart seriously stopped beating for a good 20 seconds, before it suddenly started beating again, this time 4-5 times faster than normal to compensate. The sensation was very weird and different. My hands and arms, then my torso and legs started to tingle and I felt myself becoming very heavy. Then, that's when my heart started kicking in on its own again.

I did this 2 more times before I decided it was time for me to actually start trying an out-of-body experience.

So I relaxed myself again, and this time tried my best to keep my heartbeat at a normal rate. Then, I felt myself go into the sleep paralysis again. For the next half an hour to an hour I tried to make myself move out of my body. All I managed to do was move my hands up and through the bed sheets. At one point I think I may have even sat up in bed. After it all, I had the feeling, and knew that I hadn't physically moved one bit, because my body felt stiff and rigid.

I just fell asleep after that until an hour ago.

This new knowledge fascinates me...the knowledge that I have the power to control bodily fuunctions that I had once considered involuntary-only. I know it's not really healthy to stop my heartbeat three times in one night. But I thought it was pretty damn cool that I was able to.  :o

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk