ATTENTION: ALL BRITS ATTENDING MITTENS!

Started by Adamski, Wed 07/05/2003 22:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamski

Right folks, the time has come to arrange and book a flight. It's already been determined that we should probably catch the same plane, and we need to book ASAP. So, CJ, Mods, AGA, Custard, Matt Goble (especially you Matt :)), Scotch, and anyone else from the UK that is planning on attending this year, please post here confirming that you'll be going so we can arrange the flight date and times. I think AGA has some info on prices and suchlike, so perhaps that would be a good starting point.

Edit: from the Mittens thread: Okay, for those of us in the UK, I suggest we all take the same flight...

The flight we are getting is from www.ryanair.com and leaves London Stansted at 9:50am on Monday 28th July. It leaves Gothenburg at 13:05 or 21:05 on Friday 1st August. The cost is £19.99 both ways (without tax), which comes to £61.22 all included with tax and fees...

[edit: to fix flight times]

Privateer Puddin'

Magintz at school

well I only have £120 in my bank acount. Which means I can pay for the flight, but prolly nothing else, unless I can manage to earn money for that. I may be able to take out a £50 loan from my parents, and if i pay for a ticket i'll do dogsbody work around home and anywhere I can find :P

Do you think I should get a ticket? What do I do if i dont get enough money in time? I could come along for the ride, and just not go on any event? I dont mind doing that?

I can prolly get another £50-£60 just from pocket money before I go?

I really wanna go

AGA

If you book it and it ends up you can't come, you won't get a refund :( But I'm sure you'll be able to scrape together enough to get by...

AGA

It leaves at 9:50 on the 28th, not 10:50, btw

m0ds

Bear in mind Magintz there wont be a lot of spending this year. Money will mainly be for food etc (and alcohol!!!!1111!1) as I believe 90% of what we're doing is "on site" stuff. Right Andail?

I'm going and I am ready to book. Well, I will be when my mums not ill and is out of bed, which should be tomorrow or Saturday.

:)
m0ds

Pumaman

Aye, I shall be there.

Oh, also didn't we decide to change the return flight to 14:05 or something?

edmundito

The Tween Module now supports AGS 3.6.0!

Pumaman

ok, I've edited the original post to avoid confusion about the flight times.

Quote from: netmonkey on Thu 08/05/2003 18:28:39
I'm brit, right?  :P

if you want to fly from London, then you can be :p

magintz

Magintz creates the biggest smilie

(   )                    (   )

\                                                              /
\______________________________/

yay.... I can go i found some more cash from my B/Day, and my parents said that they can take me to the airport and up to 3 other people if they can train it down to Iver station or Slough. Might be cheaper than a taxi or bus for some people, but not sure if anyone really wants to be in the same car as my rents. :P

Well I can def. go, will we book together, or seperatley on the same flight.
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Andail

Great, Magintz.
So I don't have to go and have a hamburger with you before your parents will agree? :)

m0ds

Andail, you make even less sense when I'm sober :P

Magintz, I might take you up on that "Slough" offer. :P

m0ds

magintz

Andail - Don't worry, my parents last year were a bit sceptical about me being alone with a bunch of people I had never met before, only on the net, and they didn't really mind me going, my parents just wanted be to take me to the campsite last year to meet m0ds and make sure he wasn't some weirdo.......... nice cover-up Mark.... lol

Anyway, my parents don't mind where I go really, as long as they know where I am.

M0ds - sure, your welcome to come along if you don't mind being in a car with my mum. She's not that bad, but very mum like and she may start asking you questions :P
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Andail

Quote from: m0ds on Fri 09/05/2003 22:59:55

Is there anything that makes more sense when you're sober?

Pumaman

Right, well AGA and myself have now booked our flights, so there's no going back.

The 21:05 return flight is the one we've gone for as it's cheaper than the earlier one, but when making your choices make sure you can get home from the airport at that time of day.

Also, all Brits remember to fill in an E111 form, which entitles you to free emergency medical treatment in other countries. You can get it from any post office.

Evil

Quote from: Andail on Sat 10/05/2003 10:14:47
Quote from: m0ds on Fri 09/05/2003 22:59:55

Is there anything that makes more sense when you're sober?
beer...:)

magintz

booked my ticket as well, same as CJ and AGA

must pick up my E111 form sometime this week

Matt Goble

Quote by Chris in the other Mittens thread...

Quote from: AGA on 12 Mar 2003, 07:18
The most cheap/promising-looking one I've found is from www.ryanair.com and leaves London Stansted at 10:50(am) on Monday 28th July and leaves Gothenburg at 21:05(pm) on Friday 1st August. The cost is £19.99 both ways (without tax), which comes to £61.22 all included with tax and fees...

I'm concerned about getting transport from the airport on the way back. If it leaves Sweden at 21:05, then presumably it'll be about 23:00 before we leave Stansted airport. At that time, it won't be possible for me to get a train home.

We really need to be out of the airport by 21:00 at the latest, so an earlier flight home is essential IMO.

Chris,

What are you doing about this now, as this is the flight people are taking?

I still need to look into book this time off - already booked some time off on friday so I need to scope the land with my new boss about booking time again!

Matt

AGA

CJ and I have booked the flights that leave London at 9:50 on the 28th and leave Gothenburg at 21:05 on the 1st...

Magintz at school

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk