ATTENTION: ALL BRITS ATTENDING MITTENS!

Started by Adamski, Wed 07/05/2003 22:07:09

Previous topic - Next topic

scotch

I'll be booking on wednesday which according to my pc calendar is tommorrow.

m0ds

matt goble, you might consider reading the thread before you post? :P

m0ds

Pumaman

Quote from: mattgoble on Mon 12/05/2003 23:05:04
Quote by Chris in the other Mittens thread...

I'm concerned about getting transport from the airport on the way back. If it leaves Sweden at 21:05, then presumably it'll be about 23:00 before we leave Stansted airport. At that time, it won't be possible for me to get a train home.

We really need to be out of the airport by 21:00 at the latest, so an earlier flight home is essential IMO.

Chris,

What are you doing about this now, as this is the flight people are taking?

Myself, AGA and scotch are going by car, so this won't be a problem for us.  However, as I say depending on how you're getting to/from the airport, some of you may well want to get the earlier return flight.

Matt Goble

Quote from: CJ on Tue 13/05/2003 19:33:10

Myself, AGA and scotch are going by car, so this won't be a problem for us.  However, as I say depending on how you're getting to/from the airport, some of you may well want to get the earlier return flight.

Bagsy I get the roof rack!

Seriously  how easy is it to get to the airport at Gothenberg?  Andail?

Matt

Andail

Getting to the airport from gothenburg city  is supposed to be idiot proof; there's a couch leaving for each flight. The ride is for 50-60 kronor, equivalently 4-5 pounds.
You see, Ryan-air doesn't fly from the main city airport, but from (and to) a tiny little airport some twenty kilometers in the other direction. I think only Ryan-air and some private planes ever use that airport.

m0ds

So there is a bus service from the "RyanAirport" to a town near where Mittens is then?

Matt Goble

Quote from: Andail on Tue 13/05/2003 20:37:23
Getting to the airport from gothenburg city  is supposed to be idiot proof; there's a couch leaving for each flight. The ride is for 50-60 kronor, equivalently 4-5 pounds.
You see, Ryan-air doesn't fly from the main city airport, but from (and to) a tiny little airport some twenty kilometers in the other direction. I think only Ryan-air and some private planes ever use that airport.

Thanks Andail,

So what you're saying is that if we were flying to the main airport we'd be laughing, but cheap flights mean we land at nowheresville!  Do you know what the transport is like?  How much would a cab be?  Are the local buses any good!

To put this in perspective people, good old advanced England  ;D last year left JetXl £50 light in the wallet for his cab fare (one way!) and the bus from Laleham to Staines was once(?) an hour!

Not that I'm trying to put people off or make excuses, but it's better to iron out these details now as much as possible than at the airport.

You here that Chris?  You're bringing the Car as excess luggage!  Better splash out on some new tape for the windscreen!

matt goble, you might consider reading the thread before you post?

m0ds

Which thread?  Where?  This One?   ;)

I knew months ago it had been discussed the pros and cons of the various flights - but it seemed Chris had suddenly gone against all he had been saying!  I just wondered what his secret was!

Brain is starting to hurt with two Mitten's threads - must be old age and whatnot...
Matt

Andail_uni

No, Matt, that coach I was talking about is for the ryan-air flights in this tiny special airport.
The coaches go to the central station in gothenburg, where you can take a rest and see our beautiful second biggest city in Sweden. Then you'll need just one or two more bus-rides - another 5-8 pounds of worth - to get to a place near the mittens cottage where I can pick you up with the official mittens vw-van.

I think I will return with a more exact description to the mittens-thread

Magintz at school

wow :o an official mittens van

this I gotta see

scotch

Ok I'm booked now :D

Hope I picked the right flights ;)

Adamski

Neole

Dang what a coincidence I'm coming to London on 28th evening. Only for a day though, then flying off to Paris. Would have loved to join the mittens gang..

Privateer Puddin'

Evil

All of this british slang and number forms is driving me insane... And just so you know, I can understand the British slang scene in the new Austin Powers movie... You people have sucked me in...  :P

Privateer Puddin'

thats not hard tho, and its not british, its cockney :P

magintz

Cockney Rhyming Slang to be more accurate. It originated in either one or another way listed below, people say different things about its origin

1: Used between market traders as a slang language to communicate
2: Used in prisons so the guards had no clue what they were on about.

It's interested when listening to things as everything rhymes:

Apples and pairs - stairs
Sky rocket - pocket
Dog and bone - phone

Perhaps we need to create an AGS Cockney Rhyming Slang

Dirt and mess - AGS
House’s and homes - Chris Jones

lol :D
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk