Morals anyone?

Started by wOoDz, Sat 10/05/2003 14:04:51

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

Morals anyone?

I've come to the point in my game which could be disrespectful to a religion, me personally I don't have a religion, but I respect others beliefs, nor am I racist, ageist, sexist or homophobic, i take people as i find them. how do you draw the line? Its funny really but saying you don't believe mean you need to be saved or your evil, the son of Satan lol, but to believe in that, you have to believe the rest!:P
Maybe I'm make up my own and save any hassle

woodz

Jimi

I guess I kinda believe in God because everything had to be made somehow! But I don't have a proper religion. I am really against racism, and sexism, and I have NO problem with homosexuals.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Tell me what is the "offencive" thing. It might not be offencive at all, and Odysseus Kent (Yahtzee's last game) has some things in it that might have been offencive to religion. It might not be offencive at all. One teacher in a school where people were primarily muslim made a rule that no one can display pictures of pigs publicaly or read "three little pigs" out loud. She ended up offending the muslims because while they can't eat pork they can look at pigs and read about them and the teacher offended them because she didn't know that.  There is such a thing as too politicaly correct.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

wOoDz

I'd be picking on Christianity sorry but their "we are right, you are wrong" attitude gets up my nose , all the other religions have had they own forms of persecution without me adding to it, and its also what was drummed into me at school, so I have an understanding of it.

it'll be easier to show you in the game, i'll post that bit, when its done in the critics bit ;)
did you know, satan was made up in the middle ages to scar the population into the church? the image we know is a pagan goat god! and is sod all to do with the bible

Femme Stab Mode >:D

My nickname used to be Sashasatan. Satan traditionaly is the servant of god, the tool of temptation and punishment. Yes, they do scare people into religion that way. it's pretty much " believe or go to hell". And their interpretations of the bible surprise me. There suposed to be no churches and no one should pray in public. The bible contradicts itself many times because so many people wrote in it.  I picked on religion before yet I defended those who's religion got picked on by other people.  First I mentioned evolution and got into a fight ( my fight with Kikme) and then I got angry at people for picking on religion ( The Squinky/Gilbot fake fight) . Gee, I contradict myself too  :o
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Ali

By making the statements they do, religions leave themselves open to questions and perhaps criticism. That's just fine, if you want to have a laugh with what you see as the absurdity of a religious law or practice no problem. As Billy Connelly pointed out, if the Catholic Church can't handle a hairly Scot taking the mick, then they have bigger problems than him.

Ridiculing or criticising a religion is not a problem, unless by doing so, you infringe upon the rights of another individual to practice that religion.

Jimi

I'm not actually a cristian, I guess its sort of my own religion, becuse I have my own beliefs and thoughts.

wOoDz

most wars came under the name of some god, even this latest one has religion thrown in, in WW2 the goal was domination but the nazis found time to try and wipe out the jews, i once found a site for a baptist church in the USA, they believe children with eye defects, hearing problems should be sterilized at birth, women where basicly slaves, and worse than dirt. i e mailed them and never got a reply lol heres the site http://www.landoverbaptist.org/

look at the site first, heres the email i sent:
HI!
I know you will probably reject this correspondence instantly but I wish to exercise my right to freedom of speech. My wife stumbled across your web site;.. Wait!  I know! You are amazed, but women ARE capable of lateral thinking, and women in the real world have progressed from Stepford Wives and Catherine Cookson stereotypes.
I have a few issues I would like to discuss, first the sterilization of "demon children", well, living in the UK no way, legally, could you find a doctor who would even consider doing this procedure on a healthy infant, and the social services would have you kid into care before you could say "sterilization", do you sterilize the parents too after all it is a genetic thing, and your elder members when they need glasses or when their hearing goes, are they not possessed also? Sinned in some way?
I never ever thought I would be talking about this in a letter but;. Masturbation, and getting self-gratification from the image of god/Jesus? Was man not made of the image of god? Therefore god must be male in appearance, does this not make it a homosexual act? The mere concept is rather off putting, having to collect a beaker from a female, and;NO! I'm not gonna dwell on that! Have you found the cure for masturbation?! I'll take my chances by getting struck by lightening!
Did you know the burning of tampons gives off toxic fumes, so I wouldn't recommend cooking marshmallows in the fire! Plus it's not very environmentally friendly!
I was quite impressed by your film reviews, Hannibal, was biblical, I must watch it again because I obviously missed something last time, eating a human brain is ok is it? And Harry Potter and your concerns about your children eating in closets or under beds, maybe you should look at yourselves, H Potters authority figures where responsible for these actions, have you seen Carrie? Her sin was becoming a woman, and her over religious parent dished out the same punishment, so the child could repent none existent sins, the all American anti Christ Marilyn Manson, had over religious parents, and a so called "healthy" Christian up bringing, a perverse grand father and a fanatic religious teacher, scarred him and terrified him throughout childhood moulding him into the man he is today, I'm not sure if your group also has a crusade against him, but you do realize all the bans and bad publicity makes him richer?
I could go on, but I'll save that for a later date assuming I get a response to this email,
I would like to say I was that demon child, cursed with an eye defect, but I look across the room ** years on, at my perfect children, and smile smugly in the knowledge you are so wrong. Being that I have lived a demonic lifestyle, I have never read the bible apart from selected parts chosen by teachers and god fearing folk like yourselves but I understand its open to ones own interpretation, as is the Hannibal film, but I find your beliefs rather neo-nazi but disguised behind a religion, to the point of ethnic cleansing, racist, homophobic, and sexism, but enjoy your version of heaven, because you will be very lonely seeing that women are soulless and 99% of the worlds population don't qualify in your eyes!  

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Woodz, I think that site is a spoof. And in places, a pretty tasteless one too.

wOoDz

i hope so Archangel! i never got a reply

Creed Malay

Religion is weird, yeah. What a person with strong beliefs is basically saying is "What I think must be right, no argument,  because it's what I think". Man, what I'd do for that much confidence....

Landover Baptist Church is satire, yeah... black , black comedy, for sure, though I'm still amazed that anyone could take it seriously... same sort of people who belived in "Bonsai Kittens", I suppose....
Dark sarcasm should be taught in schools.

There are some disturbing christian sites that are real, though...

www.capalert.com/

A christian movie review site. Some of the reviews are very... energetic and interesting. Don't know wether to laugh or sigh.

http://www.evolutionlies.com/

Some wonderfully incoherant arguments. One of my favorite websites for stoking my misanthropy. I really like the bit about peppered moths, where he gets all confused and ends up arguing FOR evolution...

I've got a load more of these, if anyones interested...

Davy
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Jimi

Woodz: Even if that site was proper, and the makers believed in hell, they would go there, because they are so blastfomous.

wOoDz

I found one called Crossroads, and had a great time with them, i never gained anything people like that are always right it their eyes, i've played the evolution game a few times in MSN chat the fact dino bones litter the world means nothing to them, i wish i could change the last 10 years of my life coz a book told me this is fact. wouldn't it be cool if The cat in the Hat was the bible ;)

as for the site i emailed, i wasn't sure, everyone who saw it at the time felt the same, its worrying tho that there is cults and shite like that which do go over the edge, and the power these ppl have over their flocks

Ben

Don't censor yourself. As long as what you say is at least tasteful, you have every right to keep it in your game. If you piss somebody off, they certainly have a right to be pissed off. But don't let that stop you from sharing your beliefs..

Trapezoid

Hmm, if you're going to say something that might be offensive to Christians, be careful about it.

Christians can be divided up in two: Average Christians, and Fundamentalist Christians. "Fundies" are the ones with the crazy websites. They're pretty easy to offend, but there really aren't that many of them (they're a vocal minority.) Even the average Christian thinks Fundies take their religion too far.

The average Christians, however, aren't worth offending, because they're generally pretty nice and don't practice their religion in a hostile way. You probably know a lot of people who are Christians but don't feel the need to wear it on their sleeves. So if you want to be offensive, please don't confuse the "nice" Christians with the Fundies.

This is all coming from the guy who made Satan Quest. :D I don't think I got any complaints about that.

Matt Brown

I think trap sums it up pretty well. We just had a bunch of fundies picket our high school, cause we had a gay student. (note; our whole town has less then 10000 people..the high school, 700). They are pretty nasty.

Although, they also dont play computer games. except maybe HL with gay people skins, so they can blow them away.

the above comment was a joke btw
word up

wOoDz

yes i agree, the nasty ones i have no respect for, or the ones who try to ram it up ur nose, some ppl find comfort from it and plays a big part of their lifes, but like you say don't wear it on their sleeves.

its hard to believe in the 21 century people can be so small minded (
gay guy at high school)

Jimi

I have respect for all religions, except for fundies, and pehaps jehovis whitnesses. Just the ones that come round our house all the time trying to make us into a jehovis whitness.  >:(

wOoDz

just ask em if they want to give you a hand Sacrificing a chicken.they run a mile!

Jimi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk