Linux IDE

Started by , Sun 11/05/2003 15:30:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel

In response to this (from the FAQ):

Q. What about a Linux port?
A. What about it indeed - there is one now! Go to the Download page and get it. Thanks to Shawn Walker's hard work, the Linux engine was first available for AGS v2.54.
There is currently no Linux version of the game editor - one may be created if there is enough demand for it.

I just wanted to voice my interest in a Linux version of the game editor. I know one person alone won't move you to develop it, but if everybody who wanted a Linux version acted on that and chose not to make a request, there'd be no demand whatsoever. Anyway, I would truly appreciate the game editor in Linux, should you write it.

Oh, and I realise this isn't the correct forum, but as I don't have a copy of Windows there's no way for me to run the AGS editor, so I won't register here for this one post. I trust that's not a major inconvenience.

Thanks in advance, and I'll check back occasionally to see if there's progress (but feel free to e-mail me for whatever reason -- except spam)

Pumaman

Thanks for your interest, your input has been noted.

I believe a couple of people have managed to get the editor working under WINE but obviously it's not an ideal solution.

Erica McLane

Yeah, just download and install the latest version of Wine and WineX and AGS will run correctly. I can provide the configuration file if you want.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk