Importing walk-behinds etc..

Started by Ginny, Sun 11/05/2003 17:25:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny

I feel more comfortable doing the walkable areas, walkbehinds and hotspots (and regions if needed) seperately in Photoshop, where I can zoom in, make it precise.
My question is (yes, I know, about time :P lol) how do I know what color to choose for every new hotspot or walkbehind. That is, first is blue, then green then something red, I'm not sure using just any blue will work, and I know it's not good to work on colors that are too far in the list, since it's uncomfortable. Is there like, a list of which color is which color number in Photoshop or other programs?
I appreciate any help. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

BlackBaron

I don't think that any blue will work for the first color, it surely has to be match exactly (i.e. it has to have the right amount of Red, Green and Blue).

The easiest solution to that problem is making the region of any color, importing them to AGS and then using the room editor's fill tool to replace each of the colors you used with the ones availables in the room editor.

Of course that may not be the most effective solution, but I think it may let work until someones tells us exactly wich colors to use (I feel I'll also be needing that info soon :)).
"Do you thirst for knowledge no matter the cost?"
            -Watrik, master glassblower

scotch

Actually the colour doesn't matter at all.  It helps if you are used to working with palletised images.. make a palletised image, colour 0 in the pallete is the tranparency colour (black in ags editor) and the walk behing numbers go up from there on the pallete.
You should probably set the colours of the pallete to something similar to how they will appear in the ags editor though, to make it easier for yourself.

Ginny

I use high-color, not the pallete, but here's an idea, maybe I can just take any empty room(or not empty doesn't matter :P), put a little color of each of the editing colors on it, and export it(you can export walkbehind masks right?) then open in Photoshop, use the 'eye' tool and write down every color's value in Photoshop. :)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

scotch

I just said.. the colours aren't important.

And it should be palletised even if you are using high colour, the walk behinds don't actually get drawn, the pallete is just so AGS can work out which number walk behind the colour is, so colour 1 on the pallete would be colour 1 on the walk behind in AGS.

It makes no difference if the colour 1 is pinkin your pallete and blue in ags, it's the pallete place that counts..

TerranRich

Here's what I do:

Draw each walk-behind in high-color but try to stay as close to the primary Windows colors as possible. Next, convert to 16-color trying to match to closest color or even trty to match the Windows palette. Then, try to organize things a bit by using up the first colors instead of jumping around, like it will quite possibly end up doing.

For example, if you draw three regions, one in blue, one if purple, one in green, they might end up being slots 4,10, and 2. Try to change it so that only slots 1, 2, and 3 are used. It keeps things organized.

Then, save it as a .BMP file and import it into AGS. :)

RickJ

Ginny,  Thanks for bringing this up and being persistent.  It's something I have always wondered about but never got around to figuring out.   I think this would make a good entry in a faq somewhere if any of the moderators are listening...

Thanks again Ginny and everyone else.... :)

Synthetique

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk