Looking for a Monkey Island 1/2 GUI in 800x600 !

Started by Azrael, Mon 12/05/2003 23:25:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Azrael

I am just a beginner, but I am very interested in making my own adventure. I have a lot of good ideas, pictures and so on, but not the technical knowledge, to make my own GUI.

Therefore I want to use the Monkey Island 1/2 GUI (I love these games and also the GUI). So I looked up in the internet, but only found GUIs of the original games in 320x200. They are nice, but I want the same GUI in a higher resolution (800x600) -> I think, 1024x768 is not possible.

I tried to include the MI1/2 GUI in 800x600, but nothing happend. When testing my first demo, it was still in 320x200  :'(
Is there a MI1/2 GUI available in 800x600 ? If not, can anyone help me to make one ? Please !!!

I don't like to use other GUIs, because I am a very big fan of Monkey Island (especially part 1) and it was always a dream of me, once to make my own adventure with such a GUI :-)

scotch

People will probably play a MI game whetever.. but I beg you not to use 800x600 :P

And no, I don't think there already is one at that res.. because most people would do a MI game in the original resolutions (320x200 for the forst two, 640x480 for CMI or EMI style).  But I think it's only really a matter of doing new high res graphics, so perhaps someone will help you do one.

Gilbert

I just pop in to say that 400x300/800x600 modes were added just because of frequent requests, they're not really recommended, especially for first-time-games.

Azrael

The reason why I prefer to use a higher resolution is, that it is easier to include pictures and persons with a better look.
320x200 is a very low resolution, you can see all the pixels.
When you look at the GUI, you can see every pixel in every word. That's the classic style, but I think that the same game in a higher resolution would also be quite good. I don't want to change the gameplay, just the resolution. ::)

I think a GUI with the same size, but with a higher resolution looks better.
But how can I make a MI GUI in 640x400 or 800x600 ? Can somebody help me ? Please !!!

Privateer Puddin'

you'll need to remake all the words if you dont want pixels (which you'll still see any way) might as well just copy + paste all the code from the others

Helm

Quoteyou can see all the pixels.

Yeah, you can. I guess this image is teh suck, then, eh?:

WINTERKILL

remixor

Quote from: Helm on Sun 18/05/2003 07:09:51Yeah, you can. I guess this image is teh suck, then, eh?:

Yeah, it totally is.  All the pixels are visible.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Helm

WINTERKILL

remixor

Well, what do you expect?  Pictures aren't cool unless they have invisible pixels!

:P

Trumgottist

It's not the images that's at fault - it's your monitor. Just give it a good whacking, and some of the pixels'll turn invisible.

remixor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk