help plz with 3D faces?

Started by wOoDz, Wed 14/05/2003 19:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

can anyone help me doing a 3D head? i've got the body, walk cycle about sorted but i can't get the head right
<-----him over there was my first, and i keep goin back to that one, but its not what i want, mainly something not so clown like, something like marilyn manson/alice cooper/gothic with a top hat, it doesn't need to be anything fancy, it won't be a talkie, i've got enuff problems makin the rest work lol
another problem is the white in his face goes transparent when i upload onto sprite manager :-\
i'm using truespace but 3ds files work with it

cheers woodz

Ali

Hi, I don't know much myself.
My avatar face was the first head I created by building up polys and subdividing. here are some good looking head tuts for truespace:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Maze/2991/tut4/tut4ind.htm
not very gothic, but a nice head.

http://www.3dluvr.com/janine/kopf-tut/tut.htm
oooh he's nasty

Here are some tutorials for different programmes which are useful because you can follow the pictures (Which is what I have to do because I can't afford any explensive 3d programs):

http://www.secondreality.ch/tutorials/modelling/head.html

http://www.3drender.com/jbirn/ea/HeadModel.html

Other people will probably know much more than me.

LGM

*cough*Poser is awsome at Heads*cough*
You. Me. Denny's.

wOoDz

thanks Ali  ;D
i'll have a play and see what i can come up with

thanks again
woodz

wOoDz

Ali

Poser is a 3d program, not an insult. I think it's particularly good for modeling and animating figures. Some people seem to hate it though....

wOoDz

thought it was a person lol DOH!, but come to think of it i have seen something about it ;)

thx woodz

Evil

I find poser very hard... But hey, I am a dumbass...

Eero

Look at GMAX tutorials... There was modeling a face in there (although not human's)...

wOoDz

well i've got my grubby mitts on poser 4, like  evil sed its hard or i'm a dumb ass too,but thats probably already established lol

woodz

Squinky

Just read the help file...takea break and try stuff out...then read some more....

Then show me how to do it....heh

wOoDz

do you ever get the feeling you shouldn't of started something?
i downloaded Poser 4 from the makers site, to my joy as well as being a 30 day demo, it doesn't save or export, has one figure and bugger all else. but it looked good!
so against my better judgement i downloaded it from kazaa, which took hours.we have two pc's this hunk of junk and a laptop with a knacked screen so it has  an old vga monitor which AGS editor doesn't like lol, running win95, i downloaded onto the laptop, which freaked out with the exe file, it crashed everytime i tryed to open the kazaa "shared files" folder, the only way it would work was to run in safe mode, extacted it then put it in a zip, so did that, it took over an hour to send it to my pc, extracted the zip and ran out of feckin disk space!! so stuck it on cd zipped and unzipped, end up with 61meg left on the harddrive once it was installed! XP likes to run a min of 200-300meg
so looks like i'll have to migrate between the laptop and this one :-\ theres nothing we can really dump or try and fix a harddrive that threw a wobbley when i formatted it for XP, roll on xmas when we'll get a real computer :D

woodz
gonna have a go at those tutorials ;)

Eero

BTW, if some folder crashes, where you have downloaded something, turn off your virus scanner instead of going into safe mode, which doesn't load virus scaner at all... ;)

wOoDz

YES! its got a stone age mcAfee on it, i never thought of that, i intend to put  98 or Me on it, i can't stand win95, it reminds me of my 486 which had mood swings every 5 mins :-\

thanks Eero Ränik

woodz

MrColossal

hmm i don't know how truespace works but i found a nice tutorial online, it's a movie that you watch and you get to see him create a head from scratch

it's a low poly head but take the same ideas and run with them

i'll look for it if you're interested

eric
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

wOoDz

if you could MrColossal  that would be great  :D thx

woodz

MrColossal

it's kinda big 24 megabytes

but if you can stick it out this tutorial helped me so so so much

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/110000/113438.shtml
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

wOoDz

thanks, just downloading now ...90% and counting.....
;D
woodz

Punch

On your operating system thing, don't touch ME. Unless it's with a 10-ft pole that your using to rigorously beat the $#!+ out of it.

It's a wonderful little program. I swear it has voice recognition software installed. "Fatal Exception Error:- You haven't felt the need to swear at your computer for fully five minutes. Please restart."

Anyways... back to 3D modeling...

- Punch

scotch

Heh, I modelled quite sucessfully on Win Me in 3ds max while also running Photoshop at the same time.. I had 64mb or ram too :O

But yeah it's a lot more stable on Win2000 which is what I use now.

Modelling good heads is hard unless you can draw them well I think, certainly I find it a lot easier now I've practiced my 2d skills a bit more.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk