The Matrix - POST ALL MATRIX-RELATED DISCUSSION HERE

Started by evenwolf, Thu 15/05/2003 07:11:01

Previous topic - Next topic

evenwolf

"the Matrices"

Yeah, that's the real title alright, I dunno where all this "Reloaded" stuff came from.  But I just came back from seeing it.  From a film student's perspective: "eh."  From an every day theatre goers perspective: "woah..."

Naturally this film does not have the catch of creating the "reality" the first one does, it merely expands upon that reality.  Reloaded becomes more and more a cliche sci-fi movie "time is running out" sort of deal minute after minute and the CG at times, altho amazing, is still a bit lacking.  I don't care how many awesome fighting moves a guy uses if he still looks like rubber.   But the fight sequences are nicely choreographed.. and of course highly unrealistic. Haha, but that's 'ok' as long as they are "in the Matrix", right?

There are several sequences that are done in 3d binary which are very comical, even when trying to be serious, and the credits are like 15 minutes long. Haha, but other than the things I've ranted about- the movie is good.  Everyone will end up seeing it of course.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Gilbert

Yay! I'm a big fan of Matrices, my research subject is also Matrix Theory!

What? You're talking about some other thing? No, I never watched teh movies!

* Gilbot V7000a shuts up.

MillsJROSS

I determinant Gilbot to be funny.

I can't wait to see this movie. I only expect pure Hollywood entertainment, but as long as I have that expectation, I think I'll be okay.

-MillsJROSS

Trapezoid

I still haven't even seen the original... Maybe I'll rent it soon.

remixor

I thought The Matrix was rather dumb, and I'm not planning on seeing the sequels
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

n3tgraph

Pah,  I thought the matrix was Brilliant!!!

Can't wait to see the second actually! ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Darr-rr-r-rr-rk Stalkey

Just a word of caution from your friendly neighbourhood moderator, the second this starts turning into a 'teh mAtrix0r Sux0rr!!' and 'No it ARes NOT u r th smellL!' flame war *coughspongelgmevolvecough* then i'll be forced to do my locky-locky duties...  ;)

Ali

The matrix doesn't have enough gay robots in it.

auhsor

My friend is going to the premiere tonight. I guess i'll hear all about it tommorow at school.

Chrille

The only thing I really liked about the first Matrix was the story, and when I saw Dark City (from which The Matrix has probably stolen the story) there wasn't much left that I liked about the Matrix.  Sure it's an entertaining action flick, but I think it's very far from great and I don't have any hope for the sequels.

Lately I've been thinking of how much less interesting CG action scenes are. I'm very interested in the movie making process, and to know there weren't really any cool tricks or clever ideas used, but just computers instead, it doesn't impress me much at all. Kinda silly I guess :p
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

Shattered Sponge

Quote from: Darr-rr-r-rr-rk Stalkey on Thu 15/05/2003 09:51:40
Just a word of caution from your friendly neighbourhood moderator, the second this starts turning into a 'teh mAtrix0r Sux0rr!!' and 'No it ARes NOT you are th smellL!' flame war *coughspongelgmevolvecough* then i'll be forced to do my locky-locky duties...  ;)
*shakes fist*
*notices stalkey*
*removes hand from gentials and hurls cum at stalkey*

n3tgraph

I'm going there tomorrow :)

8)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Helm

I liked the action in The Matrix, but the story was teh redundan0rz for anyone that has read more than one good book of cyberpunk/sci fi.

I'll see the sequels for sure.
WINTERKILL

Barcik

Aye, indeed.

A fan entertainin piece, which is great to spend a boring eve with, but can hardly be considered a classic.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

n3tgraph

well, it's the same everywhere,

Kind of hard to explain actually.... but for somehow if you are very interested in something that is not very popular (yet). You try to tell a lot of friends about it and then hope that they like it too and get some respect from them. Most of the time you share on internet communities how great it is.

THEN,
suddenly some freaks make a movie of it and everybody likes it. Somehow you think it's too bad because it's something you had and if you now start about it EVERYone knows about it.... Do I make any sense?

It happened with me too in some ways...

I never read any sci-fi/cyberspunk books, so this I found a very cool and refreshing story.
* N3TGraph airguitars!

DGMacphee

Hmmm, a choice between The Matrix, The Lizzie McGuire Movie, or Daddy Day Care.

I think I'll go with Keanu "Whoa" Reeves.
ABRACADABRA YOUR SPELLS ARE OKAY

DGMacphee Designs - http://www.sylpher.com/DGMacphee/
AGS Awards - http://www.sylpher.com/AGSAwards/

Instagame - http://www.sylpher.com/ig/
"Ah, look! I've just shat a rainbow." - Yakspit

Eero

I'm very big Matrix fan... Too bad I have to wait 6 days to see it in cinema... :-\

Privateer Puddin'

seeing reloaded on my birthday, yey. \o/

Creed Malay

The orginal was a great action movie, the plot didn't make sense in a whole lot of ways, but I'm cool with that, as it stuck to it's own rules...  And the bit where Reeves takes on the agents in the train station was an excellent "Every Fucker Fries" moment...

Anyone seen this?

http://www.crappyhosting.com/eloh/images/The%20Matrix%20(pizza%20remix).txt

(Copy and paste)
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Bionic Bill

I must say, that the new Matrix did to me what the new Star Wars movies did. Or at least, something similar.

Like the great Helm0r said, the first film's plot has been done and done and done before. World-as-a-simulation coupled with robots-have-taken-over-the-world dystopian future. It had some style and some intelligence and some subtlety. That seems to have been removed from the latest film, much to my chagrin.

All in all, they lost me at the exploding vagina.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk