Article published... Woohoo!

Started by Rincewind, Thu 15/05/2003 18:24:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Rincewind

Ok, I just got a mail from Philip Jong telling me that my long-waited article about the Discworld games finally has been published at the Adventure Collective!
It took a long time, but now it's up at
http://www.adventurecollective.com/articles/editorial-discworldgames.htm

Any comments? Boring? Interesting? ;D

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Heh, one minor crit: you say that all of Pratchett's books take place on Discworld, which isn't technically true now, is it?

Rincewind

Does it say so? In that case, I'm sorry - I know that all of his books doesn't take place there...  It must have slipped my mind. Drats.  
Anyway, thanks for reading it and pointing it out!

Scavenger

Woo Discworld! :) I love the books, and the games too :P. References in the first two games (I haven't played Noir), are very widespread. Being a DW fan myself, I noticed most of them. Hehe. Your article _really_ did the games justice. BUT. You can drink in DWII. Its in the Trolls Head. You use the Tankard of Beer with Rincewind. ;) And for your nxt DW article, include The Colour of Magic - The ORIGINAL original game :P. Although, its not very widely known as it was for the C64. Very nice. Keep it up!

Rincewind

Ah, thanks! ;D Always nice with Discworld-fans...

You can? Doesn't he just say that he refuses to drink any more alcohol in the game?
Or is my memory going?

Yeah, I knew about The Colour Of Magic, and I actually downloaded the thing and played it with a spectrum emulator, but I didn't get very far...  Obviously I didn't know the book as good as I would like to...

Thanks again for reading and commenting! I have plans on doing another article for the AC, but it won't be about Discworld... Maybe I'll do one about amateur gamemakers?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk