background c+c

Started by Proskrito, Sat 17/05/2003 22:36:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Proskrito

Hi, i made this background:

There is something strange with the car (whose silouette (sp?) i traced from a photograph ;D) Maybe it is off perspective?? is it very noticeable?? ways to fix it?? any other critics or comments??
thanks! :)

Scavenger

OMG. Like, wow. That is brilliant. I like the way you made the background itself look so detailed in 2d, then made the car look like Sam and Max style 3D. ;) Brilliance. Utter brilliance. I wish I could draw like that :(

*looks at pitiful attempts at drawings and cries*

Ahem, anyway. Critique.. um... uh.. the car actually looks out of place in that scene, and even though it looks cool, 3D and stuff, due to its lack of shading (even though I applaud your effort, which is far better than mine) it looks like its in the wrong light. The shape is perfect, though. Keep at it! :)

Trapezoid

I'd love to see an entire game with graphics of this quality... It's very nostalgic! No major critique, although the tree looks kind of weird, I'm not sure what's on it.

Neole

It looks beautiful! The car doesnt look odd at all to me. The right most wheel doesnt have a dark ground shadow touching it which may be causing some strangeness tho I hardly noticed it.

Proskrito

So, the car needs some more shading (thanks malevolent d.)(and maybe i´ll change that bright white in headlights and plate), and ill add a shadow beneath the right wheel (thanks neole).
Trap, what do you think is weird about the tree?? shape, shading, colours... I´ll be happy if you could tell me  :D

Eero

Evil

I think that either the car is to small or the bench is to big. Bring on some more of the wonderful art for us...  :)

Miez

I'm with Evil on this one: absolutely gorgeous picture, love the shading of the backdrop hills, but the car seems a bit too small - or the bench too big.

Trapezoid

Quote from: Proskrito on Sun 18/05/2003 13:19:46
Trap, what do you think is weird about the tree?? shape, shading, colours... I´ll be happy if you could tell me  :D

I think it's the gray coloring... The moss on it doesn't contrast very well against the gray, and I have no idea what the two brown shapes are...

Ginny

Awesome pic!!!
:o :o :o
Beatiful doing, love the some things are less focused than others, and love the grass and pile of rubble\cement\cig-ash\whatever :P.
:)
Try Not to Breathe - coming sooner or later!

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later, we push up flowers. - Membrillo, Grim Fandango coroner

Toefur

I would like to create children with you.

aussie

I love it.

I don't think the car looks to out of place. I like it where it is.

By the way, how do you get those textures (grass & ash pile)?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

n3tgraph

great picture.... you HAVE to tell me how you did those bushes....

Somehow, something tells me you didn't draw them pixel by pixel - or DID you? :o
* N3TGraph airguitars!

FruitTree

good to see you're still hanging around proskito  :)
you're right though the perspective of the car is a bit weird but thats the only (minor) comment I've got the picture looks just great!

keep creating! ;D

Ali

This is a really cool picture and the car looks fine.

I think the reason it looks *slightly* odd, is the image you traced was taken with the camera At about the same height as the car, and the camera in your image is above the car.

But the whole thing looks so nice there's not much point changing anything!

Proskrito

Thanks!
yes, you are right about car perspective, but i´m too lazy to redo it. ::)
I made the bench a little bit smaller and added a stronger shadow under the car, and some other minor changes.

I hope this to look a bit better, although it has not changed so much.
NT3 and aussie: both textures are made with this ugly brush:

hi fruittree, glad to see you! :)
toefur: although it might be physiologically impossible, there is no harm on trying... ;)

Ali

The shine on the windscreen looks great!

n3tgraph

* N3TGraph airguitars!

Erwin_Br

I love this one very much!

The background (mountains, fields) are beautiful, thanks to the blue fade colouring you gave it.

Only thing I'd change is the colour of the tree to brown.

--Erwin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk