About hotspot...

Started by , Sun 18/05/2003 16:30:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Philchow

I'm just a newbie so thanks for your help!

I've imported a background (created with MS Paint) which is my first room. In this room, some books are drawn and I want to associate a hotspot (a message) to these objects but I can't! I've already red the Getting Started with AGS but it doesn't work!

Help me!

Thanks!      ???

Jimi

draw the hotspot onto the area you want it on, then click "Interactions". Click "Player looks at hotspot" now, in the drop down menu, select "Display Message". Then "Edit Message". Once you have written the message, and clicked OK, it will display a message when you look at the hotspot.

Philchow

In fact, the books were drawn with MS Paint in my background. Then, I've imported it in AGS, and I've recover the books with a color to create a hotspot. Then, I already did everything you said but it didn't work!!!

Gilbert

Where did you recover the books with a color to create a hotspot?

You should either:
1. draw it directly in AGSEdit, or
2. draw a 256 coloured picture with hotspot areas and import it (which may take some time for newbies to get use to, especially when using those crappy windows programmes, so better experience with 1. first).

Philchow

I've drawn the books wirh MS Paint, then I've imported them in AGS and drawn hotspot with a color on this books (recover!)!

I follow the newbie's guide but it didn't work! help help help!!!

Philchow

I've drawn the books wirh MS Paint, then I've imported them in AGS and drawn hotspot with a color on this books (recover!)!

I follow the newbie's guide but it didn't work! help help help!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk