character: old doctor type

Started by Dave Gilbert, Mon 19/05/2003 03:53:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

I'd appreciate any comments on this.  I can't seem to get the doctor's coat right.  He's supposed to be a serious old doctor.  The way I have him now, he looks like a cult member.

bigger version:

Ishmael

To me he looks like a (bit fat) doctor (or is that just a bump in his coat..?)...   :D
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Gilbert

Yeah I agree with TK, that lump on his body's a bit suspicious, and it may look odd even if he's a fat man (unless it was SUPPOSED to be a lump ;) ). Another thing that I noticed was the double pixels on some parts of the outlines, since there weren't many such double pixels to make it consistent, so I think they're not intended, so I make a small fix (on the lump and the double pixels):

EDIT: HA, funny with M$ Pain messing up the white background/transparency, I don't want to fix it anymore. :p

Neole

A doctor wears one of those labcoat things, you've put a long gown on him. Plus its white (or blue/green for surgeries). A stethescope is a must.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/hfguide/cart_people/doctor.gif
http://www.taosystem.com/images/doctor.gif

Mikko

Neole's examples are good. At the moment he looks more like a patient than doctor.

There's something with his neck too. I'm not sure if I can explain it properly, but it feels like his head is bit too forward and neck should line more with his back.

Miez

Labcoats are usually a bit shorter - just below the knee, this one reaches almost down to the ground (making it look like a robe or djelaba) - try to add some pockets and a cuff, that will make it look more like a labcoat. :)

Ali

It's a nice picture, but if he's a medical doctor he could have one of those reflector things on his brow, or a stethoscope hanging from his neck - just to identify him as doctor rather than patient.

Also (unless he's mad) give him brown/black leather shoes, he looks a little like he's wearing slippers.

Dave Gilbert

Thanks for the help, folks.  He's a doctor in a mental hospital ward, so he's not exactly a medical doctor.  I'll work on it some more.

Cheers,

Bob The Hun

The labcoat also kinda sticks out in the front, which makes it look less like a coat and more like a dress or something. It would look alot more like a labcoat if it was shorter and went straight down.

MillsJROSS

I think he needs glasses. It gives anyone a sort of intelligent look about them, if done right. Of course some doctor accesories couldn't help, like a stethescope (even though he isn't a medical doctor).

-MillsJROSS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk