Pulling my hair out with GUI's

Started by , Wed 21/05/2003 03:28:09

Previous topic - Next topic

:'(

:-\ :-X :P ??? ::) :o >:( :'(

Complete frustration here.

I don't want to sound mean? But I am only 11, and want to make A Space Quest 1-3 GUI. T-U-T-O-R-I-A-L PLEASE.

TerranRich

Well, that's a lot harder than you'd think, with AGS. With those GUIs, it was a text parser and the mouse was used to walk and click on drop-down menus. The text parser you can learn from the manual. It needs some scripting, which gets complicated, but it's possible. The walking is quite easy when it comes to the mouse. But with the keyboard movements, there are a few threads around here that refer to keyboard walking. And as for the drop-down menus, I'm not so sure how to do those in AGS.

:)

Felipe

You might also want to check the demo game (that can be found at http://www.agsforums.com/acdload.htm )

Have a look at the GUIs section of it... there's a text parser room there, it will give you some ideas but... as TerranRich said already, it won't be easy  :-\ (if you have some experience with programming then you can manage it  ;) )

Good luck with your scripting!
Don't blame me - I didn't know it!   (I have the feeling this will come handy...)

-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk