B&W motion blur...

Started by Evil, Thu 22/05/2003 03:48:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil

Well, I tryed to draw a fighter for a black and white game but didnt do so hot on the legs. So I tried a mortion blur with her "stick" with out using dethering.

Give it a shot if you woud like... C&C is welcome on the sprite and I would love some help with some sexy legs...

Mikko

I love the animation!

I also tried to make the legs, but I don't know. If they're any help then fine, but I hadn't much time to tweak them.

Ali

I'm no expert in these matters. I'm no expert in any matter really, but I think it looks great except for the two whip-lines which appear above her right hand (the left side of her head from our POV). The stick rotates around a point, and whip-lines or motion blurs should follow it's curved path, like the big blurs do. Those little ones aren't quite at the right angle, they suggest the stick is being thrown up in the air. I think it would look better if you got rid of them.

It looks great over all though! Sorry to be so picky.

Pet Terry

I like the character, she looks good. But before reading the text I thought she was waving a flag :P
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Proskrito

i tried a different approach:
i tried to do the lines a bit more curved and blurrier.
(the animation is a bit slower than the original)

n3tgraph

proskrito, yours is much better - but I think it should go a bit faster ;)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Miez

I think it might work (even) better if the stick leaves afterimages that are in the same orientation as the stick itself - something like this:

FruitTree

proskito's (awesome) animation DID leave afterimages...

Proskrito

at least i tried to! ;)
(thanks fruit, i thought i didn´t do them properly and nobody could see them  :))
EDIT: and about the speed, i made it as quick as i could with Animation Shop. couldn't set a dealy value below 1.

jannar85

Quote from: Proskrito on Thu 22/05/2003 11:46:41
i tried a different approach:
i tried to do the lines a bit more curved and blurrier.
(the animation is a bit slower than the original)

Awesome dude! :D
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Pet Terry

Woah Proskrito! :o Looks great!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk