Al Gurbish in... Nick it & Run!!!

Started by aussie, Thu 22/05/2003 08:06:12

Previous topic - Next topic

aussie

Yeah, maybe you're right. That sort of fades away a bit further down the track, as you get more into the plot of the story. ;)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

http://www.freewebs.com/aussiesoft/

Monkeybrains

I can't find Thathurst Square, where is it?

Good game BTW.

aussie

It's behind Burger Ming's, or to the right of the alley, if you prefer.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.

Monkeybrains

Thank you.

I've come across a bug:
I tried to leave the smoked out hall of fame through the front door, Gurbish said he won't go that way but then when I clicked he just kept saying it over and over and wouldn't move anywhere and I had to use Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the game.

EDIT: I've just found another bug:
If you try to pick the elixer of life up after giving it to Vlad, the game crashes.

Dave Gilbert

Yar!  Just finished the game.  Excellent job!  Nice humor, hard puzzles, and the graphics are the best I've EVER seen in an amateur game, bar none.  Seriously dude - it's the most professional looking game I've seen come out of AGS.  You have a knack for little personal touches that give characters and backgrounds their own unique look.  Very impressive.

As I said previously, the self-reference kind of bothered me but it's no big deal.  The interface seemed kind of clunky, especially on the map screen for some reason.

Anyway, everyone else has already fawned over this game so I thought I'd add my own adoration.  Can't wait to see "Night Of the Raging Feminist!"  :-)

-Dave

pslim

Hey, I just downloaded it and got started.. I'm enjoying it so far, but I had a crashing bug happen so I'm going to have to start over D: .. it crashed me out when i looked at the Blues Brother poster inside Balboa's with the "this is a problem with the game, not the engine" message. Although, I wonder if it doesn't have to do with something else as I imagine someone would have looked at the poster already and had the same problem... hrm..

aussie

Yeah, I don't know why it happens. It's a bit of a random bug. Sometimes it'll kick you out of the game, some other times it'll be ok.

One thing I've noticed from what people write in these forums is that it's probably a good idea to save often when playing NIAR. You can't get killed and there's nothing you can do that will block your path along the game, but I find it's a bit buggy at times and it crashes. Sorry, it's only my first AGS effort.

Ella

Hiya, cool game. I'm a bit stuck on how to get the BB CD from the latest release bit in the computer shop. I tried looking at the lastest releases but nothing..

Chicky

Please Ella, dont dig up old threads like this, if you need help go to the hints and tips. Man, i thought a sequal had been released.

Ella

Oh sorry about that..I just stumbled across this and posted without thinking
Sorry.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk