fight scenes

Started by wOoDz, Thu 22/05/2003 10:06:59

Previous topic - Next topic

wOoDz

i've been playing monkey island and i would like to recreate the sword fight scenes
i don't expect anyone to do it for me, just pointing in the right direction plz

woodz

Timosity

Study the dialog scripting,

It's pretty hard to find in the manual and I think there should be a larger section on it but look up "Conversations" in the manual in "Setting up the game"

you'll have to use script functions from the dialog so you can add what you learn from the conversations with the pirates to your dialog options.

It is complicated but not too hard once you get your head around it.

There could be some more about it in the manual, but finding it, good luck

Synthetique

coding or animations?

wOoDz

its mainly the coding, and getting the animation in the right place
i was going to use a similair idea as monkey island ie insults, but a different weapon, i can sort of see how its done, but its how to get it so after a given amount of wrong answers the puzzle ends and the set animation, like wise if the are right, or the combination of right and wrong answers, god my head hurts thinking bout it :-\

i'll do some studying too ;)

thanks woodz

Scummbuddy

global ints..... and are you sure we can do more than 6(?) responses?  can it scroll yet for us to add more.  I cant remember.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

wOoDz

i had intended to have a person blocking the characters path, and do something similar to MI, i spose to simplify things i could do body hits at different parts of the body to put the guy down... kinda thinking out loud here.... say i had the guy with hotspots, click on the head and have an animated blow, then an animated counter attack, and have a set sequence of blows to knock him down would that work? and would it be hard to do?
sorry its a bit vague but i'm crap at explaining things :-\
woodz

Synthetique

just random fighting? thats easy!

Jimi

No, he wants it kind of like MI. It is possible. You would get a lot out of doing that too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk