Get fonts here! DOTT font finished!!

Started by Synthetique, Fri 23/05/2003 00:42:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Synthetique

thanks all... ;D

RickJ:
the only fonts that i made is the outlines.. i downloaded the font pack on the ags site and adjusted them and then i made the outlines. so i dont know if i could take credit for it that way. sorry.. :P

AJA: i've been searchin for days now for these fonts..  i only found the dott font, but in ttf format..  :'(
It's really hard to remake them without knowing how they should look.

do anyone know where i can look at it, or maybe get it just to make them darn outlines that we want..

Zeuz:
I'm workin on bigger fonts right now. :)

Synthetique

hah!  ;D  ;D

i could probably make the dott font based on that screenshot... but there are three missing letters... Q.. X.. Z.. can you shoot these ones maybe? i would LOVE to remake the font!!  :D

EDIT (09:59):

oh.. i guess i was wrong! there are 'BIG' & 'small' letters..

EDIT AGAIN:

heck.. i'll do it anyway! it'll be a "DOTTish" font!

Synthetique

help anyone? :-\

Pumaman

Yeah, those Sierra fonts are the copyright of Sierra, so we can't really give them any terms of use, it would probably be illegal to use them in a commercial product.

As for the DOTT font, it's not easy to get a hold of the complete font as I don't know of any tools that will display it - here's an extra screenshot in case it helps:

Proskrito

mmm.... maybe you'll have to make some characters or numbers from scratch? ???

BTW, I ripped (sp?) the normal DOTT fonts, i didnt know if they had been ripped before, so i did it, they are here:

http://galeon.com/golfa/otros/fuentedott.rar

Synthetique

thank you guys! ;D

proskrito: thanks! this saves me alot of work... i was going for that one next! Thank you!! ;D

Proskrito

Oh, i feel sooo stupid :'(
First, i thought that the capital letters you needed were the really big ones...
Then i realized that those were not , and i thought "well, lets make Syntetique work a less hard" and i took each of them and arranged  them in a (the one below) little image for him"
And then, after hitting my head repeteadly against the keyboard, realized that you needed screenshots because each one is drawn at different vertical positions. (all of them are from the spanish version, most from the credits)

Well, i leave this for you, at least you can paste them in the sci studio, and later correct the vertical position thing.

Bottom ones -> capitals.  (note that the K is double sized)
hope it helps in any way

PS: The small capitals seems like half-sized big ones, so if you cant find some of those, they could be useful for you as a reference.

Synthetique

thanks.. i've allready made all but K and X, x and Y

and it looks like i got the K here..

Proskrito: what program do you use to rip things?

Proskrito

ok, at least the K worked...  :D

What program?? hehe... i make it old school,  Play the game, pause, Print Screen, paste in any program as psp, resize and erase the surrounding background.  :)

Synthetique

do anyone have a savegame near the end in this game? i would like to have it so i can see the credits..

Proskrito

I've almost finished the Monkey Island 2 Credits font, but it lacks:
X, Y, x, z. (well, also ? and special characters)
If someone could take some screenshots of the "x", i would be able to finish it.  :) if not, i'll draw it :P

Synthetique

proskrito.. i hope you make the outlined font that way it's supposed to be?

jannar85

Hey, what about fonts from these games?
I can contribute screenshots...

- Gilbert Goodmate (640x480)
- Curse of Monkey Island (640*480)
- Tony Tough (640*480)

:)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

jannar85

Hey Synth?
I found the SCI font I worked on a few months back (Gilbert Goodmate).
Want to finish it? I want some credits, because it's almost completed ;)
Veteran, writer... with loads of unreleased games. Work in progress.

Synthetique

how could you take credit for it when it isnt your own font?

Privateer Puddin'

"I found the SCI font I WORKED ON a few months back (Gilbert Goodmate)."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk