When I test game, sometimes room bground, objects & scripted events are lost!

Started by Fusion, Mon 26/05/2003 05:17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Fusion

I have been using AGS for little over a week. During this time I have had three or four instances where room data and scripted events in that room are lost when (and subsequently after) I have tested it. The room screen goes black (blank). Objects and characters are still there but the background, hotspots and scripts related to the hotspots have gone.

Because AGS saves the game files before testing I lose a large chunk of work.

As a newbie I don't know if this is a bug or is a result of something I'm doing wrong!

I have looked through the bug reports and the entire beginners forum but can't see any other instances of anyone else experiencing this problem.

Help please!

Ishmael

Have you tired just saving your game? What does it do then?

What version fo AGS you use?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

Scorpiorus

Also did you lose it when you were saving the project?
Do you mean it goes black when you running the game?

Fusion

Thanks for your replies.

I am using version 2.54

I am clicking Control T to test the game which automatically saves and then tests.

The test game screen goes black although the characters are still there. The compiled version also runs with the black screen.

When I quit the Test the Background  and Scripts are no longer in the saved room files.

Scorpiorus

QuoteThe compiled version also runs with the black screen.
hmm, looks like it just doesn't save the game properly. Try to install AGS into the C:\AGS for example (just some simple path) and see if it works then. :P

QuoteWhen I quit the Test the Background and Scripts are no longer in the saved room files.
You mean the AGS\GameFolder is empty then?

Ishmael

No, he means that the room he is editing has no backround, nor scripts... just like if someone has sabotaged (sp?) the room file and stolen the scripts...

If you just select save game from the menu, and run the compiled game, does it make diffrence?
I used to make games but then I took an IRC in the knee.

<Calin> Ishmael looks awesome all the time
\( Ö)/ ¬(Ö ) | Ja minähän en keskellä kirkasta päivää lähden minnekään juoksentelemaan ilman housuja.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk